Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

Explorer

I wonder if somethings happening.  My jaguar xe had a full reset in the car. Bluetooth came up as JLR Blue Connect instead of jaguar xe .. i reset all the system and ive just repaired and driven from leeds to york with no issues...

Apprentice

I initially credited my success with a Februay 1, 2019 patch but the problem has intermittently returned. Not a Jag but a Blueparrot headset. I’ve found that when it acts up I can do a restart on my s9 and everybody is happy for a spell. I’ve begun doing a restart every morning. That seems, so far, to keep it working. Not a proper solution but the best I’ve found at the moment.

First Poster
Thanks for this!
Works for me. Almost threw my bluetooth headset away...
Explorer

I had the same issue with disconnection with my Samsung S8+ that I updated last last week. It was further complicated by the fact that I had the software updated in my 67 plate XE on Thursday at the dealership. I hadn't used the car with bluetooth connected over the weekend, and it was only on the way to work this morning (Monday) that I got very frustrated with my phone disconnecting every minute, and then reconnecting, did a google and ended up here...

For me, what has fixed it was as someone suggested on this forum - going into "Developer Options" settings menu (google for "samsung developer settings") and choosing "AVRCP 1.3" as the version and "Default" for the codec (although looking at the menu option whilst writing it up I see it has now changed back to "SBC").

I drove home from work and after a 25 minute drive it hadn't disconnected once, so hopefully all fixed for me at least!

Navigator

Didnt work for me I am afraid but thanks.. still on and off all the time in a 67 DiscoSport...A9pie has written off an £800 smartphone. . that Samsung cant or wont fix..maybe want me to get an S10... hell would freeze over 1st.. 🤕

Explorer

Also didn't work for me...

Also the cable solution is quite instable, especially when I start a new ride. When re-pairing, it does not always get to the "allow access to contacts" question, because it disconnects before. If this happens, bluetooth has no chance...

So I am back to disabling the phone for the car in the bluetooth menu of the S9, to be at least able to use the audio function. For phone calls, I have to put on speakerphone of the S9 itself...  

Still no idea who actually messed this up, Google, Samsung or JLR...

Apprentice

Hi,

here's another XE & S9 owner with similar issues. Any help is welcomed!

Explorer

I dont think its JLR as we were all working before the updates were pushed out.

This is samsung / google to resolve.

To be fair theres another security update soon so might get fixed. Otherwise im off back to apple

Explorer

@W99YNO wrote:

I dont think its JLR as we were all working before the updates were pushed out.

This is samsung / google to resolve.

Guess you are right. One should expect a downward compatibilty when upgrading android...  similar to wifi... has to work...

Explorer

To be honest I'm not sure it's 100% working for me either. Yesterday evening it was resetting again. I ended up restarting the phone as someone else suggested and it was ok after that. This morning on the way into work I restarted the phone before the journey and it was ok all the way here.

One other thing I did last night at home was to go into Apps-System apps in settings and cleared the cache for all 3 Bluetooth apps (Including an odd one called BluetoothTest) before restarting the phone, so it could have been the cleardown or maybe just the phone restart that made it work ok this morning.

I'm pretty sure the issue is a phone software problem so fingers crossed an update will come soon...

Top Liked Authors