Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

Navigator
Thanks..yep it's that pesky tick killing me since A9pie...shouldn't have to have a lead plugged in to make it work...again I had a reply saying sorry in the delay we are busy with the new launch a few weeks back...priceless
First Poster

Have you guys tried in the developer options to change the Bluetooth codec or the AVRCP version?

Did it change anything?

Explorer

@Eduard0 wrote:

Have you guys tried in the developer options to change the Bluetooth codec or the AVRCP version?

Did it change anything?

Yes a number of us have done all of these

Apprentice

Hi all,

Same problems here with a jaguar,  but I know it is not the car because my s9 won't keep a bluetooth connection to my galaxy tab either!  I used to use internet via bluetooth but now disconnects every few minutes and then has to be manually switched on again on the tablet. 

First Poster

Any luck? I also have a discovery and bluetooth started to dysfunction after the android 9 upgrade.

Navigator

hi no luck at all..still constantly flicking on and off with tick in BT box on car disappearing. Only advice is send for inspection. Not done that as was perfect b4..numerous resets of every kind...caches cleared..etc etc..Also a colleagues S9 does just the same in his DYSport following A9pie downgrade lol. Using a 15 quid BT cigarette lighter unit..looks lovely Samsung many many thanks for your incredible lack of customer care and unhelpful suggestion of send it to us and we can send it back..when are you going to sort this..nearly 3 months now..off now..gonna find me old Ericsson James Bond Flip Phone...sure he will do the job just need me big sim adaptor 😂😂😂😂

Explorer

Here my answer from Jaguar hotline (I expect the same answer from the local dealer):

With the previous software, s9 was definitely compatible. With the new one, it is NOT YET.

Their assumption is that they are about to test it. Probably at first in the UK, lol. Hope they are done before this up-to-the-elbow-Brexit, need it in Germany.

The contact was not sure if an update will be implemented automatically (I guess that would mean via the smartphone/android 9, but I am not a techie) or via a software update at the local car dealer. Still, he was confident that there will be a compatibility and that they are working on it.

When I have a look at the connectivity center, it also shows that the compatibilty was only given with the former software. Currently it is "u2" instead of "u1". There is no other choice in the drop-down (see screen)

Check is available here:

http://jaguar50.nextgen-technology.net/?CultureId=23&RegionId=1&Culture=en

Unbenannt.PNG

PS: my temporary cable solution was instable in the first 3 minutes yesterday, but afterwards and this morning fine again...

Explorer

Still I dont understand that it worked so nice before, and also with a lead plugged in quite okay... but again, no techie...

Explorer

Thanks @Chris_S9

Its good they are aware and working on it over at Jaguar.. Hopefully at Land Rover too. The same company I suppose but ultimately a phone issue that needs resolving

Explorer
yes, same company... also obvious when I have a look at LRs connectivity centre: ;-)
http://landrover50.nextgen-technology.net/?CultureId=23&Culture=ru&RegionId=1
I guess the cars software / infotainment is as similar as their connectivity centre... so if there is a solution, it will probably be for both makes...
Top Liked Authors