Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

Apprentice

Dear All!

After months of frustration I can also do firm that by just installing the bluetooth phonebook app via the Play Store I know have stable phone calls in my 2016 Range Rover Evoque.

Thank you to those who shared and tested the app. I have had stable calls and connection for 3 days.

I have an S9+ phone. Neither Land Rover nor Car Phone Warehouse where I bought the phone have been of any help. 

This community group have been great.

First Poster

Hi

Other solution than the last posted one with the Phone book app, there is also a possibility to disable "battery optimisation" for the bluetooth built-in app. Then reset network settings, reset phone, it works !

This worked for me on a jaguar XF 2018 and note 9 android Pie.

Apprentice

Six days on and it is working fine. No dropped calls. Text messages work fine. 

Bluetooth Phonebook app has saved the phone being binned!

Dear Friend,

This  worked perfectly! Thank you so much. It was very frustrating. 

Navigator

Screenshot_20190701-083651_Software update.jpg

@gohojo wrote:

Dear Friend,

@gohojo wrote:

Dear Friend,

Hi..has anyone done this update on a Disco Sport? If so are calls and music still ok? Does it affect the Developer Options that made this work? Thanks

First Poster

Hi

Developer options are not deactivated after update.

Anyway, knowing car radio is the same in jaguar's XE, XF, and Disco Sport, installing the Bluetooth Phonebook app from play store will add the right bluetooth communication protocol to Android 9 phone and pairing will not be an issue anymore.

@Mp4rky wrote:

Screenshot_20190701-083651_Software update.jpg

@gohojo wrote:

Dear Friend,

@gohojo wrote:

Dear Friend,

Hi..has anyone done this update on a Disco Sport? If so are calls and music still ok? Does it affect the Developer Options that made this work? Thanks

Navigator
Thanks for that really appreciated. Mike
Explorer

If you read through the last few pages the info you need has already been posted. But installing the app fixed  all the problems in my Disco Sport (there is also a version on the Amazon store that supports Call Logs). You dont need any other options changed or to mess about in developer options. 

Bobs

First Poster

I tried several things listed in this forum with no results until I restarted the phone. Then all back to normal. Wish I could say what change did the trick,  The restart solved it for me.

Observer

Me too, it's a huge inconvenience as I run my music off my phone when teaching paid yoga classes... has this been rectified yet???

Top Liked Authors