Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

Explorer

I had luck fixing this issue (on a Pixel 2, not a samsung, but an identical problem) by installing an app from the app store called Bluetooth Phonebook.

"This app replaces the built-in Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) on many phones and fixes some known problems. Please visit http://www.android-rsap.com/bluetooth-phonebook.html for more details and compatibility list."

Hope it helps someone )

Apprentice

Holy sh$^>,

Bluetooth phone book app worked! I was about ready to sell my car or get an iPhone. Thank you bobsalot!

Anyone who cant change pbap option in the developer module, bobsalot found the solution.

Explorer

Holy *****, works for me too ! Phonebook 👌

Thanks bobsalot. 

Apprentice

I am going to try the phonebooth app this weekend! It might save my XF from being traded in on a Honda. I never thought I would say those words, but that's where I am at this point, even though it isn't really Jaguar's fault. I work from my car, and it's illegal to use my phone for anything handheld. My phone and car *HAVE* to be compatible. 😒

First Poster
Thanks. still no phone calls though. Hmm
First Poster
In your disco, do you have touch control or control pro? Thanks
First Poster
Which version of pie are you running and is it may patch or earlier?
Navigator

Mine a Disc Sport 2017.

Android and update as attached 

Dev Settings as attached.

Flawless except no messages..dont need them tho👍🏻Screenshot_20190607-060006_Settings.jpg

20190607_060514.jpg

First Poster

I have the normal Touchcontrol (not Pro) in my Discovery Sport 2018. All working fine, including Calls, Messages und Streaming Spotify.

First Poster

Does installing the app fix the actual connectivity issue...?

Or just allow a workaround to amend the pbap option for those who can't?

Top Liked Authors