Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

Apprentice
Back to the title "Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie" - it is related to S9, not S10. Let's see if a resolution for S9 will be provided.
Navigator
Mine is a 9+ with May Pie update that allowed me to follow the S10 instructions. Only no SMS in car but otherwise faultless...right result 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Apprentice
I can not find PBAP settings in S9+. Please advise. At least my son to use it in the car
Navigator

Screenshot_20190524-065252_Settings.jpg

Apprentice

Its not an S9 issue its a PIE issue and JLR have confirmed they currently do not support PIE however they did tell me yesterday it was imminent for 2019 models  Shame mines a 2018

Apprentice

No it appears to be affecting 2018 and 2019 models too mines a 2018 and its not working and flippin annoying

Observer

It is in developer options after installing the latest may patch.

Apprentice

For S8 users follow robert_swiss instructions. The only differences are:

1) Set AVRCP from 1.4 to 1.3 instead of setting BPAP from 1.2 to 1.1. BPAP version option not available on S8 (well at least not on my S8).

2) Deny contacts in addition to messages. 

For those who don't know how to get access to 'developer settings' , search in google for 'how to access developer options on galaxy s8'. Its very simple. 

Works flawlessly. Not having messages is no big deal for me. Not having contacts is a bigger issue, but I use 'ok google' and ask the phone to dial a contact, rather than use the voice feature in the car. 

Explorer

@Mp4rky wrote:

Screenshot_20190524-065252_Settings.jpg

Wow.... works.... cant believe it, hope its stable... (pbap 1.1 after may update, s9, xf2016) 

Apprentice

Can someone advise please. When I go to Developer option I have only the following option (S9 plus):

1. Log output level 

2. Shows TTS output 

3. Node three debugging 

Top Liked Authors