Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 + Galaxy S9 not optimized for Instagram

Observer
I have the exact same problem with my new Galaxy S9+ ! Instagram is my most used app and as a previous iphone only user i am extremely disappointed ! Please fix soon or I will return the phone !
First Poster

This isn't an issue with Samsung phones or something Samsung can fix. This is a problem with Instagram not working on all phones with an 18.5:9 ratio (I don't know about iPhones aspect ratio and they use a different software anyway, so dunno how it works there), and Instagram doing nothing to fix it. This has been a problem for a long time now, and until Instagram fixes it there is nothing anybody else can do.

Don't hate on Samsung, or android, hate on Instagram for not caring about their android users. 

Agreed with above. Instagram issue not Samsung. Instagram is no longer available in the app store. 

Apprentice
Nope, never. Still an issue. Although, it appears only 5-10% of the screen is cut off now.
Apprentice
It's definitely not as good as it was before Facebook too it completely over and ruined it.
Apprentice
I'm honestly surprised it still has not been fixed.
Apprentice
What needs replacing? What's awesome?
Apprentice
Samsung could make a work around solution.... I have no doubt.
First Poster

Why should Samsung go in and try to reverse engineer a single app when Instagram just needs to add black bars on the edges of their videos? You definitely wouldn't see apple try to do that, they only accept or reject apps in their app store. 

Observer

Is there Samsung's official placement for this big issue?

Top Liked Authors