Support

Open search

Galaxy Custom Text Tone

Explorer

They took away the custom text tone option in Contacts when they "upgraded" to Oreo. They keep telling people they will put it back, but that IS A LIE! Still waiting, and NO, I will not go get a 3rd party app to do it.  What I will do, is not get a Samsung phone. Maybe I will switch to iPhone. Might seem like a small thing, but to me and many others it's not. Please, everybody, CALL Samsung and physically talk to someone to file a report.  I did. Currently, the version is 3.8.25.5

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Having your own tone set in messages instead of using the baked in ones certainly would be a good feature again. 

Past threads and reply from a Samsung Community Team Moderator is that they are looking at re introducing it. 

These implementations can take time as they need to ensure it works ok without bugs. 

By all means make your logs with Samsung. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

That's just it. They had it so the bugs WERE  worked out, then it just went away. Like some little pinhead made an "executive decision" and said to get rid of it. I jad been using it just fine, I dod an update, and BAM it was gone. They say are bringing it back, but updates come and go, with nothing.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Unfortunately features can be added and also removed in new firmware. 

Hence the reason to be sure what it brings and thus takes away is a acceptable trade off. 

Its possible I assume that the feature wasn't entirely compatible in the new Oreo version. 

I'm not a Beta Tester so cannot say. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Now I am hearing that if I were to upgrade to the S9,  I would also loose lose the ability to set a song from my library as a ringtone or even an alarm. (don't know if that is true or not).  Updates come and go with no resolutions.

Top Liked Authors