Support

Open search

Font size in samsung email composition box

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi, I'm using an S9 with the preloaded Samsung email app. The default font size is 12 but it's too small. I'd like to use 14 permanently. I can set a new size in rich text for the email in question. But when I compose a new one it goes back to 12. Is there any way of keeping my desired setting of 14 for all new emails?  Any advice much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
Hi Karl12. We've had a look into this for you and it is regretfully not possible to change the default font size in the Email app from 12 to 14. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL Moderator
Hi Karl12. We've had a look into this for you and it is regretfully not possible to change the default font size in the Email app from 12 to 14. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Apprentice

Oh, that's sad. So maybe a consideration for future development. 12 is just too small for my visual comfort. So I'm now using the gmail app instead where I can compose in a bigger font...

AndrewL Moderator
That's understandable, Karl. Gmail is fine, although you do have the option of utilising the zoom feature in Settings > Display > Font and Screen Zoom to increase the screen size while you're composing emails. Not ideal I know, but it's there if you need it.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks. But what's the need for 12 as the default? Ok, I'm 52 and my eyes may be giving way a bit...But would not a bit bigger be welcome for all...πŸ˜€
Show quoted text
Top Liked Authors