Support

Open search

Fingerprint sensor not woking

Hi there,

I've had a look at other posts here but none seem to have this issue solved. My fingerprint sensor has stopped working in that it doesn't even acknowledge that I'm touching it, although no errors have appeared. I've gone on to try to reset it but as it doesn't even seem to realise I'm holding my fingerprint against it. Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to factory reset as I use my fingerprint to sign onto online banking, my card reader is broken and I'm currently travelling so I'm a bit stuck :/

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Is there a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre local to where your travelling that can take a look @Clairedonns 

Usually glitches like these are resolved via a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On or via by holding down the power button and the volume down button for around 7 seconds. Then let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the Samsung Galaxy logo on the screen. Your phone should then reboot.

And or deleting the fingerprints and resetting them back up.

May I assume the phone hasn't been dropped / knocked or had water get into it either from rain / swimming pool or extreme temperatures that can sometimes cause condensation droplets inside it.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors