Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face and Iris recognition

(Topic created on: 31-05-2018 03:15 PM)
mm289
Apprentice
Options

Has anyne managed to get the face/iris recognition to work effectively? I am using it in the intelligent scan mode and it is useless. OK I wear glasses so I think that might be stopping iris recognition but the face part isn't any good iether.

I am used to facial recognition as I use it on MS Surface devices regularly and it just works, with glasses, without glasses and even when I change glasses!

But on the S9 (UK Dual Sim) nothing I try seems to make a difference - have to keep using the fingerprint scanner to unlock.

Any other experiences of this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

@mm289wrote:

Has anyne managed to get the face/iris recognition to work effectively? I am using it in the intelligent scan mode and it is useless. OK I wear glasses so I think that might be stopping iris recognition but the face part isn't any good iether.

I am used to facial recognition as I use it on MS Surface devices regularly and it just works, with glasses, without glasses and even when I change glasses!

But on the S9 (UK Dual Sim) nothing I try seems to make a difference - have to keep using the fingerprint scanner to unlock.

Thanks,

Have you tried the individual lock features? Personally ive not heard any other report's regarding this feature 

not working correctly. Possibly try to reset up intelligent Scan see if this helps resolve the issue. 

Keep us updated.

Regards

Baxter

0 Likes
Tenja01
First Poster
Options

Yes! It never works for me. I am continually resetting my face recognition and nothing works. It works once in a blue moon only. 

0 Likes
Tenja01
First Poster
Options

@BaxteruK wrote:

@mm289wrote:

Thanks,

Have you tried the individual lock features? Personally ive not heard any other report's regarding this feature 

not working correctly. Possibly try to reset up intelligent Scan see if this helps resolve the issue. 

Keep us updated.

Regards

Baxter

Yes! It never works for me. I am continually resetting my face recognition and nothing works. It works once in a blue moon only. 

0 Likes
Steve28
Student
Options

I've found both the face and fingerprint scanner to be practically useless. I can't tell you how disappointing this is on a phone I paid AUD$1350 for. My first and last Samsung phone. I either use a pin to open it or Google voice recognition. The face ID simply never works, no matter how many times I re register my face. I don't wear glasses either. Apparently the iPhone X is infinitely superior in this regard. That's going to be my next phone when I get rid of this piece of junk.

0 Likes
T3m3r1ty
First Poster
Options

I have the S9 for personal use and face and iris recognition works only full frontal face, in certain lighting conditions and only without my spectacles. I have to contstantly use fingerprint recognition which works almost all the time. I have an iPhone XR for work and the face recognition works with/without spectacles and with/without a hat and from different angles. It blocks access from my sons. I would love the S9 to be as good.

0 Likes