Support

Open search

Extreme white noise when recording video in a quiet space (Sound for everything else is fine)

First Poster

ZI’m on my second Galaxy S9+ (both lavender color) and am having the same issue on each phone. When I record video, When it’s quiet, the white/static noise is very loud. You can obviously lower the volume to decrease and/or alleviate it, HOWEVER, I am recording videos of my dogs snoring, playing hard (where they are making verbal noises,) etc. and I want to be able to hear those sounds. Except I can’t because getting rid of the white noise also gets rid of what I want to hear. I have chatted online with Sprint tech support, Online with Samsung support, on the phone with Samsung support and with 2 Samsung techs in Best buy stores. We’ve tried everything under the sun that we can think of. I had a tech record on one of their phones (black) and it wasn’t a problem, very slight. I think it’s when the lavender phones were manufactured. Anyway, it either needs to be repaired or exchanged unless anyone out here has any other ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
First Poster

Problem solved.

When I was playing back the videos the phone wanted Dolby Atmos on which is why it picked up all the white noise in a quiet room. 

First Poster

Update: problem not solved but better. I think it's just not going to be a good phone to record in wuiet environments. The sound system on the phone wants to pick up noise because that's what it was built for. 

First Poster
Typing error. Quiet not wuiet. Oops.

It's not just the lavendar.  I have the black S9+ and have the exact same problem.  Any way you could explain a bit more about the Dolby thing?  Is it a setting during recording or a setting during playback? If it is during playback, that wouldnt help if playing it on a different device.

First Poster

Dobly is just a speaker setting for listening to things/videos/movies on your phone. 

Top Liked Authors