Support

Open search

Edge screen on/off

SOLVED
Apprentice

I turned the  Edge Screen off on my new Galaxy S9 and when I go to Display > Edge Screen there is no option to turn it back on. What gives? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

I've found the problem. When the phone is on Easy Mode, the Edge Screen option is not available. It works when I turn Easy Mode off. 

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
CarolinaW Moderator

Hey @ebe958! I can help you with this. Please follow this guide: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-s9-how-do-i-set-up-and-use-edge-lighting-on... Are you able to turn it on now? 

Apprentice

No, that doesn't work. I'm referring to the Edge Panels, not Edge Lighting. There is no option under Display > Edge Screen to turn the panels back on 

DannyT Moderator
Is the software on your phone completely up to date, @ebe958?

We have the option to turn Edge Panels back on, when we go to: Apps > Settings > Display > Edge Screen. You should have the options for both panels and lighting.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

I've found the problem. When the phone is on Easy Mode, the Edge Screen option is not available. It works when I turn Easy Mode off. 

DannyT Moderator
Ah! Great find, @ebe958. Sure this will be a great help for users in the future!

DannyT.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Screen is set to standard, not easy mode. In settings, it shows on. All permiaaiinp are allowed, yet it has disappeared... Not moved, just totally gone. 

How do I fix this?

Top Liked Authors