Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Explorer

I feel that eveyone who has enjoyed spending lots of money, enduring the new update, and now being told your screwed and go pay for fixes and fix it yourself should call in to tech support every day. That would get the message to them also, becasue I really do not belive they monitor these forums.

Oh and BTW, I believe the development dept's motto is "Keep fixing it until it is broken"

81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg 

First Poster

This is worse.. I have so many apps and after the update  I can't find installed apps when I search from search bar. They are all there and I can access them manually  but I can quick search and find them . If I search Google for ex.. It brings docs and content related to Google and app store results but not native installed apps..this update is the worst and looking at the direction in which Samsung is going  Iam gonna leave you guys after 6 years of being a Samsung fan . 

Explorer

I do not think it was the 'iOs' developers, I think it was a 4 year old who got a sweet for the design.

81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg 

Explorer

Ok might stick with Oreo safer haha ! More i read about Pie maybe wait a year ! 

Explorer

How to delete update, getting rid of the annoying popups:

"All you need to do is clear the cache in recovery, once you boot back up it will say the update is ready to install, click install and it will fail because you deleted it clearing the cache"

I did it, made my phone faster too!

All thanks to *Detection* @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/help/how-to-delete-downloaded-update-file-t3340917

Explorer

How to delete update, getting rid of the annoying popups:

"All you need to do is clear the cache in recovery, once you boot back up it will say the update is ready to install, click install and it will fail because you deleted it clearing the cache"

I did it, made my phone faster too!

All thanks to *Detection* @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/help/how-to-delete-downloaded-update-file-t3340917

Explorer

AGH!!! its updating, i'm hoping it will stop!!! 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Great advice. But remember that this will also stop security updates.

Apprentice

Any advice on how to roll back an S8+ to the previous OS would be great?

Apprentice

Wish I had read this before updating to PIE.

My S8+ Dual SIM with 256GB SD card "workaround" stopped working directly after the update.  Had to remove my work SIM (mounted to the SD card) to get the phone working, it is going to be a great week! THANKS SO MUCH SAMSUNG!?!?!? and if there isn't a quick fix farewell.

Any advice on how to roll back an S8+ to the previous OS would be great?

Top Liked Authors