Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

First Poster

Roll it back using Odin it's what I did.

@Divot82 wrote:

I agree, this update ruined my S9. Wish I could roll it back! Apps and games that used to be full screen now include the stuck and "improved" home/menu bar. In addition many apps now display incorrectly, are mis-sized and significantly crop edges. Totally unacceptable for a consumer release. 

First Poster
Flash back to oreo using odin
Apprentice

Not sure if anyone answered this yet, but i successfully downgraded my unlocked Note 9 back to Oreo 8.1.  I will fight off the One UI 'upgrade' as long as i can.  I'm pissed off about the changes to Multi-Window the most.  In Oreo it's perfect.  if you enable the 'force activities to be resizable' option in Dev Mode, you can run pretty much any app in pop up mode.  It's quick and easy.  That changed in One UI where certain apps will not allow it, but worked perfectly fine in Oreo (Netflix being the prime example).  It may be  a change to Pie made by Google that prevents this, i'm not sure.  It really sucks though.  . 

Explorer

***** I wish I had seen this post earlier :( My biggest pieve is how they f@$cked up the camera. How could they take something that was awesome and totally screw it up. My phone is now just a Samsung branded iPhone wannabe. Seriously pissed. Here's a thought. Isn't Samsung's new # tag - #DoWhatYouCan't. I know exactly what I can't do and I think we should start tweeting about it...hehehehe

Explorer

Well said! 

Explorer

I really don't understand all that I'm reading or how to do it all. I'm sure if there were someone who did and could, they could make a million fixing updated phones. I'm a step by step guy, lost in the day's of DOS, and windows 3.1.

First Poster

I agree with every single complaint you noted. Especially the failure to hide the navigation bar and multiwindow function. Those reduce functionality and impair view to the point of negating much of the purpose of buying the S9+.  Chrome is supposed to be optimized for full screen yet a portion of the screen is blocked by the navigation bar. Samsung, as usual, seems to be trying to force consumers to use the products/apps they prefer. This seems a push towards gestures navigation. That may not sound like a big deal to many but for those with arthritis,  it's a lot of unnecessary pain. The annoying message to tap the bar to enter full screen, can't be closed and further reduces visibility on apps that you'd prefer not to have or don't properly display in full screen. This will definitely be my last samsung and as I research and pick the phones for my husband,  mother, and in-laws, this will be their last as well. I think samsung does a better job marketing than actually meeting consumer needs.

Explorer

Samsung needs to be held accountable for their actions actions against those people who purchased their products. I'm thinking that a boycott of all samsung products ; washers, driers, dishwashers, phones, everything . Then I am quite sure they would react. How many stockholders are there? They will feel a boycott. Administration would then be on the heat. 

Apprentice
That's a bit extreme for just a update man
Apprentice

I totally agree with what has been written about the One UI. Its is totally ruined and I really wish there was a way I can roll this back. Apart from the things mentioned in this article, following are also been poorly done in the One UI. I'm not sure if these are affected in your region

The incoming call screen.

The enlarged Picture is good. The name appearing on top of the picture isn’t good at all. It needs to be shifted below the picture as it was previously. Also the contact information such as the number and the company name should be shown in 2 different lines. The current setup is very poor. Please restore the previous one.

Contacts

I had previous requested for feature addition of the names in the contact and recent log to be displayed with full contact information i.e. name and company information (if any). This is very useful. Also the contact pics in need to be slightly enlarged to be properly visible.

The Call log

The call log screen was much better before with a round button for numeric pad. Please return it back. Also the name search results are very small in font size and too congested. The line height need to be widened so that it can be easily swiped left or right.

Always on

The new addition of clock type is very good, but unfortunately the notification icons in color & transparent are very poor. Sometimes these are not even very visible. The previous one in white were better. Please restore previous.  

SMS

The default SMS chat bubble colors are very poor and there should an option to select different colors.

Rounded corners

The rounded corners theme of application icons, albums in the gallery do not look good at all. They look like children’s playing game devices and very cartoonish. Please restore these as previous.

Top Liked Authors