Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Explorer
Mine Says A320fxxu4crj1. I don't think I can , I disliked Oreo too.

Note 9 pie update ,

Battery is now awful below 50 % lasted me 3 hours at work today finding it on charge alot more ,

The screen glitches loads flickers 

Glad I made the misses update hers too 🤣🤣🤣🤣I'm a note fan from early days but during the note 7 exploding time period I ended up with the pixel xl gen 1 ,I have to say I missed my note edge alot but after few days the battery and unlimited memory and the camera was brilliant finally I got the note 9 and sad to say the camera and battery was better on the pixel xl ,shame the pixel 2 and 3 are just ugly phones 

First Poster
I SO totally agree!!
Highlighted
Voyager

Mine upgraded, and is now a brick to me (NOTE9). I've only had it a month, it going back. 

There is anothe thread you might be interested in; Samsung s9 android Pie Update Problems

Superuser I
Superuser I
@Maxozone Simply bring it to a Samsung service point or use the pickup service, I'm sure that they will solve that
Voyager

Thank you, I will look into that.

I have had the Note 9 for a month, I traded in my NOte4. What a mistake!  The update took effect the other day and now my wonderful little smart phone turned into a piece of PIE!

I called T-Mobile, they transfered me to Samsung; the only comments I recieved from Samsung was, "The phone cannot be reverted back in software to Oreo" & "that is the way it is" , I have the date, TOD, some before and afters.

I am looking into getting their attention by filing both a small claims, and also criminal malicious mischief charges. The cost to file in Clark county washington district court is minimal, however the cost to Samsung to defend itself will be considerable.  My hope is that I can make it a class action and get others, even globally, to jump in.  THe $ range for setting the classification is such that it would be a Class II felony, that is if it were only me involved. The classification in the State of Washington is $750-$5000 for class II. If others jump in the overall $ figure jumps and it would most likely jump to a Frist degree.  It would rest ultimately on the motion and argument set before the judge in the complaint/filing.

Here is a brief description: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/malicious-mischief-Washington-State

Superuser I
Superuser I
You can file a lawsuit against Samsung US (I don't know them ) and I wish you the best of luck with your efforts, its correct that you can't downgrade to Oreo after upgrading the Pie, but if the device is bricked Samsung will definitely help resolving the technical issues.

If you really want to downgrade there are multiple non-supported ways with custom roms, please note that its extremely risky and you have a chance to permanently brick your phone, be warned (I won't link for safety reasons). Besides of that you won't get Supported updates anymore (Including security updates) from Samsung if you opt for that route. I know that in my country the loser always pays the legal fees.

Some of the changes made with Pie are actually not Samsungs choice but the one of Google (You will notice it with any other android brand), luckily Samsung has a comprehensive theme system that can be used to override most downsides.

totally agree

Voyager

The service depot looked at it and said there is nothing they can do because it is part of the upgrade and it cannot be undone.

Voyager

Legal fees in small claims would be at a minimum. Filing the larger one would have an initial cost of about $100 for filing fees and $50 for service to Samsung.  I'm not too sure they would want the notariety. 

Top Liked Authors