Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Explorer
@TH3ROY. Can we downgrade the update? Thanks
Navigator

@Marie541 wrote:
@TH3ROY. Can we downgrade the update? Thanks

Yes you can i need to know you bootloader version ? if you check about software where it says baseband can you take a screen shot so i can check  ?? Version 1 and 2 allow you to downgrade anything higher im afraid you will be stuck!

UPDATE!!!

Best thing is head over to XDA S9 section all the tools and firmware are there and it's a very helpful community you will be downgraded in no time!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Just Browsing

Apps keep closing and stop responding... Like what the **** I came from apple because there a ***** company and now I see Samsung is Fallowing Them! Please Roll back the update or I'm going back to a flip phone because they are more reliable at this point in time.

How can I disable the update app?

I use the camera app more than anything  and I am furious at what they've done to it. They have eliminated one of the best features  which was the ability to take pictures and video simultaneously  Furthermore, they eliminated the favorites album in the gallery  You can still select the "heart" on an image, but for what purpose--you can't delineate what your favorites were when you go back to thumbnails! 

I'm furious  I've dealt with this for weeks  hoping they would fix it, but these aren't "bugs," they're MASSIVE design flaws, and their engineers should be indicted for this ridiculousness.

The worst part is, I'm financing my phone through my carrier  and still owe $500. So I'm stuck with a paperweight that I used to absolutely adore, and now loathe. 

And Bixby is the f-*+ing devil. 

I asked. My carrier said no. Perhaps I should have asked Samsung when I complained to them  

Superuser I
Superuser I
@H8Pie

Well, some things of your post are actually incorrect:
- They have eliminated one of the best features which was the ability to take pictures and video simultaneously - This feature still exist, simply video and the button right of the film feature changes into a photo button -
- Furthermore, they eliminated the favorites album in the gallery You can still select the "heart" on an image, but for what purpose--you can't delineate what your favorites were when you go back to thumbnails! - Simply scroll up from the gallery home and select "Favorites", the option is still there.

I hope that helps!
Apprentice

I also sold my S9j and bought an 8.1 Oreo Note9 from Amazon .Turned updates off right away .My only concern is not getting security updates . S7 edge users will still get security but don't get the One UI lie .There should be an option for us to take just security updates as well .And Samsung really need to give us an option to trial new updates and if the user doesn't like it let them downgrade .It's our phones yet they dictate how to be used, that's Apples game .

Navigator

@Stuee wrote:

I also sold my S9j and bought an 8.1 Oreo Note9 from Amazon .Turned updates off right away .My only concern is not getting security updates . S7 edge users will still get security but don't get the One UI lie .There should be an option for us to take just security updates as well .And Samsung really need to give us an option to trial new updates and if the user doesn't like it let them downgrade .It's our phones yet they dictate how to be used, that's Apples game .

Who cares about security updates ? Really you aint going to get hacked Google ain't no small player nearly 4 years i been running Android 6.0.1 use it daily for banking paypal etc im rooted its all bull run to the hills im going to get hacked as long you dont install stupid 3rd party apps you will be fine!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Highlighted
Explorer

Nougat was the best ever. What's with that phone icon, messaging lol. Childish..... 

Top Liked Authors