Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Highlighted
Navigator
Watch the YouTube video that defeedme has posted it talks you through it mate. I've successfully rolled my phone back to oreo. Just remember all your passwords and ids as they'll need reinputted!
First Poster

update 

Navigator

@TH3ROY wrote:

@Marie541 wrote:
@TH3ROY. Can we downgrade the update? Thanks

Yes you can i need to know you bootloader version ? if you check about software where it says baseband can you take a screen shot so i can check  ?? Version 1 and 2 allow you to downgrade anything higher im afraid you will be stuck!

UPDATE!!!

Best thing is head over to XDA S9 section all the tools and firmware are there and it's a very helpful community you will be downgraded in no time!

Well my bootloader version is 3, they changed the binary from 2 to 3 in last security uodate in march so the "downgrade" in no time i dont think it applys in my case now 🙄😥

Apprentice

Maxozone 

I've just watched the YouTube video on how to return to oreo. It was fine for the first 3.5 seconds but then he started talking in Klingon.  I hope I'm not the only remaining human on planet earth that doesn't understand a word he said. At one stage he was talking about socks lol. OMG I'm so old !!!!!

I really just want to press download and everything is good in the world again

Again, I do appreciate that people are trying to help me. Thanx for that. But I really need oreo for dummies

Navigator
I wish I could do it for you.. it took me 5 hrs the first time and could do it with my eyes closed now. Ugh I'm in florida
Voyager

I followed most of the Video yesterday, It took a while, some rewinds as well,  to get past his speech impediment.

I started a bit late in the day on the downloading, and since I was on the cheap, I opted to download the software on the free site. After a few hiccups I finally got it on the desktop. Then I downloaded the 'Odin' program, got it sorted in my mind, now all needs to be done is to hook the phone up to the computer and get started with the rest.

I did have a bit of trouble finding the correct program package , only because I was being too cautious. I wrote the whole of the model number off the box and kept it in hand. Once I got to the Sammobile website, there is a window wher you type in the number, well the first part of it now. For instance SM-N950U was what I typed into the box, hit the enter key, scrolled down to find a long list. At the top of the lis tis a pull-down where you choose the country. Then it sorts it down a bit, then you can do a further sort for your carrier list to the left of the large list. Now you are to the list where you look thru for the full model number (mine was N960USQU1ARL1), then I tapped that one, and it assembles it and tells you it is ready for download. Then I chose the slow download, left everything on and walked away.  It finally downloaded and I saved it to the desktop of the computer.

Then I went up to the right of the big list and it had a download link for the latest Odin Program, Odin3 v3.13.1.  Now im all set, so I plugged in the cord and opened the Smart switch program, and backed up the whole of the phone.  It was about 1AM by then so I shuffled of to bed. I'll finsh it up later this week. It appears that from this point there will be a handfull of easier steps to complete.   I will post how it goes.

Voyager

Hmmmm,, Oreo Rollback for Dummies... That could be a good pamphlet to sell.. LoL    "My journey back to Oreo" 

Voyager
I am on the oppsite corner of the US. I am putting it off for now, my head hurts even thinking about it.. Cheers
Voyager

It's not that bad, you really just need to Google the firm ware and what it all means, then you know what firm ware you need. That's the hardest part because it needs to be for your region, carrier etc.

After that you go into developer settings and enable usb debugging, now switch the phone off. Then press a combination of buttons to enable download mode etc etc lol 

I actually used Google a found a good Android site that explained it all and followed it instead, found it easier. 

If for whatever reason Odin comes up with a fail do not disconnect the phone! Leave it and go Google the problem. If you unplug the phone you brick it and trust me, that's very stressful and all the Google answers are outdated! 

Anyway oreo is ace, I've been back and forth between both just to try. I'm in my late 40's and don't like change so I had to make sure I wasn't just being pig headed lol 

But no, pie just doesn't float my boat for now. 

I'm not a HUGE fan of the update either, I would flash the old 8.0 Oreo update back with Odin.

Top Liked Authors