Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Navigator
Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc
Navigator
Censorship bs
Took me about 5 hours but was able to get back my beloved OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save all my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

Navigator
Oh my God I feel exactly the same way about the clock! And your right the night mode was the ONLY thing I liked. I'm back to oreo permanently.
Navigator
@Ares9323 You can rollback
Navigator
@H8Pie you are wrong what he meant was you can't be in photo mode and take video simultaneously. This feature alone was enough for me to downgrade let alone all the other BS
Highlighted
First Poster
well done samsung. ruining my experience with your phones J6 preety much perfect minus the camera and no infra red. new update techs need shooting apart from more memory internal in phone everything else you preety much scewed up
Navigator

@defeedme wrote:
Censorship bs

I've just done mine and love it being back to normal. However I've noticed one error since I've done it I can't decrypt my SD Card not that I want to use it in another phone so not sure if it's a big issue! Not sure if it's to do with oreo but if you have Facebook messenger installed you can go into setting and turn on night mode.  Looks quite good for such a ***** Facebook app lol. Was nice to be able to reinstall my background wallpaper in my text app and oh the joys of looking at nice crisp detailed icons makes me so happy. 

Navigator

It can be done. I've just rolled it Back to oreo!!! Feels like when you see ya pal after ages lol. Screenshot_20190506-145454_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Apprentice

Well I've calmly waited a few weeks to see if I could get used to this downgrade,  but honestly I'm more convinced than ever that its rubbish

I went on Samsung members app to ask customer service and technical dept for help, but I cant unless I agree to sharing all my personal information.  Just to ask a simple question ?? 

Feel like I'm being bullied by the big corporation

Also the *****s on YouTube who think one ui is awesome because you can add smiley faces

Grow up !!!! Oh and you can change screen colours and send groovy messages.  How awesome is that ??

The note series used be high quality pieces of kit that I boasted about to everyone. Now it's great if I want to put dog ears on photos of my grandchildren (with smiley faces of course)

And even better, I can do it with one hand

This software downgrade should be optional and not forced. For those that like one ui, wonderful. 

Good for you, I hope you enjoy it

But

For those that don't, SAMSUNG  should give them the option of returning to oreo through Samsung . I appreciate the posts on Odin and Sammobile, but I'm a nervous 60 yr old technophobe.  I just want to click " download" .

This is not the phone that I purchased . It's a totally different functionality . Why cant I have the phone that I bought ?

I cant think of another product that gets totally changed AFTER you buy it

Please Samsung.  GIVE ME WHAT I PAID FOR

Voyager

Gooner155,

Word for word, spot-on! Took the words right out of my mouth. (I too am 60 LoL)

Top Liked Authors