Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Highlighted
Explorer

I used Odin. Sammobile had the step by step instructions on the page where I got my files. I followed those to the letter and had no problems. Good luck. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I did the Pie update too. I HATE IT! This ruined my note 8 phone. Especially my camera. You will lose all ability to control how to take your pictures. No filters, etc. I'm searching for a different brand of Android now. This was moronic for Samsung. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the heads up, friend.  And myself and some friends feel really sorry for all of you that updated to pie.  Really sorry, and hope you get compensated. It's obviously no comfort to you all adding that we decided to wait and read forums before updating, because, 1600mbytes is a dam big update, so prompted us to wait.  As I said, no comfort to you. However, legally you can get compensated for your telephones quite simply seek legal council, charges will be added to Samsung compensation.  From what we have read in forums, it's an outrage.  Kind Regards 

A Friend

Highlighted
First Poster

Sir. I understand your frustration and situation.  However, if I may make a couple of suggestions.  Go to Samsung Galaxy apps, not on the Play Store. Look for  "Good Lock". This may help ease some of your frustration/problems.

Review the apps and I hope that you get your screen real estate manageable. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Took me about 8 hours but was able to get back my OREO using odin and the sammobile flash files. Most of my settings gone but was able to save my data.. Amazing thing is it's like a new phone, fast, and the firmware on the sammobile site was a better version of oreo somehow I'm getting all these new cool options I didn't even know about!

I swear, downgrading to OREO is like actually upgrading the phone! I have a note 8 korean KT Emperor Edition 256GB internal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&lc

Highlighted
Apprentice

I agree this One UI caught me offguard and I feel like a low IQ person for downloading it without doing some research first. It completely ruined my Note8. I'm done with Samsung now. Good bye Samsung you failed and you failed your customers.

Highlighted
First Poster

Did a factory reset and this ***** is still on the phone

Highlighted
First Poster

Im extremely pissed about the battery life! When I got my S9+ about 6 months ago I was getting 20+hours of battery life. After this update I only get 9!!! I did a factory reset and this ***** was still on the phone, but not it wont even show me how many hours of battery life I have left. But Ive dropped 10% in the past 30 minutes without using any apps other than FB, because like I said, I did a factory reset. So even with mininal use my battery is draining as fast as my 4 year old iPhone

Highlighted
Voyager

Well it has finally happened. The sneaks got around the "do not update" stops I set in the developer mode and other. It is giving me the chioce to update or postpone every time I open it. I keep it at bay by postpone all the time, yet it is so annoying. Anyone know how to tell it to go away forever? 

Galaxy Note8, Mod No. SM-N950U, SN; R28J92XWYKX

Apprentice

Flash it back using Odin just download the firmware and flash it back there are lots of youtube videos showing how to do it just remember to back everything up first.

Top Liked Authors