Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Back for More

I am replying to all of these in hopes they fix this turd. I will be going to different phone next time as well

Back for More

Do you work for Samsung? Or just defending it?

- The only thing the big spaces are good for is either; you have bad eyesight, like gimiky things  or probably have a big phone (e.g. the plus) and thus having fingers that struggle to reach the top - however for those of us with the S8 or S9 the size is perfect and there is no reason to take-away 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen. For example I could see all alarms  on one page -now I need to scroll. Silly.

Something which took a simple click, now take multiple clicks or scrolling. Its like having had a fridge with a simple handle to open an see everything I have inside immediately, to having to firts push a butten, and then turn the handle on the ridge door, and once opened then move a sliding opaque shutter to see what I have in my fridge.

"The big text in the menus is made so you can use your phone with one hand, if you scroll down it will be like before." >> yes you can still get the info, but it requires extra swiping and makes the phone slower to use and less of a work ite, / less of a business tool.

( Not bashing you - so please dont be offended - but I think almost everyone on this forum disagrees and think the new UI sucks big time!)

Highlighted
Back for More

Actually it makes smaller phones even less usefull - because now you have half your screen giving you useless white-space and telling you you are on e.g. Setting when you very well know you are because that is what you selected.

Kindergarten icons?

They went 100% apple-wannabe....

Apprentice

We can complain and ask forever. Bottom line is Samsung don't care. I've tried email, live chat, phoning tech help. Same answer every time. We're stuck with this awful rubbish now and they don't care or listen to unhappy customers

Apprentice

Search YouTube for restore Oreo from Pie, there are some very good tutorials explaining how to use third party apps to complete this. 

I have successfully returned to Oreo from Pie following one and can report no problems in 7 days since.

Carefully completely backup your phone first, I used the Smart switch app to backup to my PC and selected everything. Then carefully followed the instructions to download the correct Oreo version for my phone/region and used Odin to make the install.

Off course it is an unofficial route and Samsung do not support it. Anything you do is at your own risk.

Explorer

Cant be anyworse than Oreo !!! i like Pie notification design myself. 

Explorer

Maybe Samsung isn't for you! try Hawuie or another brand. 

Voyager
Looks like you can get it all right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz0UiXoXaV4
Voyager
Which one of the others has all the features that the Note 9 had, including the stylus?
Voyager

Android phone are all moving to pie anyway so they all look much the same. 

Some are keeping the extras like pro mode for video etc but yeh, looks wise they're all much the same. 

Top Liked Authors