Support

Open search

Don't Update to One UI/Pie!!!!!

Apprentice

I dont see Samsung listening to users on this. I have finally given up on Samsung Note 8 and moved on to Huawei. Their EMUI is superb and in my opinion, they better understand the user interface. Almost every option is user selectable. 

Explorer

Good Lock has Navstar, that allowed me to use the original navigation icons! A tiny bit better, but i want a choice of cameras and fixes to various issues mentioned on this forum.

Apprentice

After talking to trading standards,  they agree that our handsets are "not fit for purpose " but a reasonable amount of time must be allowed for Samsung to correct this issue. Although all relevant information about the update was provided on Samsung members app, no explicit information was provided on the software update. It only stated security. Not enough information was provided for consumers to make an informed decision regarding the functionality. 

The grey area is how long we allow Samsung to correct this issue for those that are unhappy, or who feel that they where misled into downloading this update

Unfortunately it is generally thought that Samsung will drag this out in the hope those who are unhappy will eventually give up and start to accept and become weary of complaining.

Realistically,  this massive worldwide company,  will not rewrite software to placate a few hundred complainers 

Even to lose a few hundred customers is nothing when you consider the millions of devices sold worldwide 

I do hope , in the interest of listening to customer opinions, that they do make an effort to solve this issue. But realistically............. don't hold your breath

My patience has run out with this one ui/pie *****! So buggy on my s8. The home screen buttons refuse to work and sometimes when you click on one that f***in Bixby appears. Not too bad with most apps as you can swipe up and select it from there. But how the hell do I use the phone?!?! I'm standing there pressing phone icon about 50 times and swiping away Bixby. Looks so unprofessional when I use it for business. I URGE EVERYONE TO FACTORY RESET AND DISSABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES! HOPEFULLY THEN SAMSUNG WILL REALISE THEY NEED TO GET THEIR ***** TOGETHER!!

Explorer
@RossC How about run a 'Device Care' , gell i set mine to run at 3am along with a phone restart at 4am.
Also clearing the cache partition is known to help with performance:
-Power off
-hold volume up + bixby + power
-select wipe cache partition and boot up.
It does make it a little more snappy.
First Poster
Yes its ***** my Keyboard rarely opens when I need to type and often closes mid way through.
The phrase blocker in messenger has been removed exposing me to a multitude of spam messages.
I'm due a new phone in October if these updates aren't fixed I'll not be getting the s10
Explorer

I really really really really really really absolutely HATE the new recent apps windows.. i usually like to have maby 20-30 apps i could scroll horizontally quickly. Now its absolutely obnoxious its really awefull and SUCKS its a piece of shi* idea i absolutely HATE it!!!!!!!!!

Petition to change ONE UI! http://chng.it/DyJfN8Tk5R
Apprentice
Pretty much agree with you mate

Hate the new multi tasking mode ***** and slow back compared to old way

Cant change my lovely keyboard colour either

Why the hell have they made my camera icon solid red, looks crazy
Navigator

Well done Samsung I loved my note 8 but your ***** update has now driven me to leave albeit i have to bloody wait till August I'm going for the Huawei pro 20.... if oreo had of stayed I'd of stayed with Samsung for years  I was only waiting for the note 10 to come out. Looks like the person that ruined apple has joined samsung! 

Highlighted
Back for More

Too late I regret accidentally clicking it as well. I really liked my Note 8, I absolutely hate it now. If anyone knows a way to revert back to old OS please post it, this Android Pie/ oneUI is absolutely a ***** update that will most likely have people moving off of galaxy phones if this is the garbage they throw at us... really dislike it

Top Liked Authors