Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn' get an android pie update

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 05:55 PM)
Vugar
First Poster
Options

It is almost a year after releasing android pie on samsung galaxy devices yet mine didn't get it .

Galaxy s9

SM-G960F

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange, @Vugar. Where did you buy your phone?

0 Likes
nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

@VugarThat is strange that it hasn't updated.  Have you tried connecting your phone to your computer with the latest smart switch running?  There the application can backup your phone and check to see if it is running the latest version of android for your phone.  A quick google search for smart switch for pc can help you find the application if you don't already have it.

0 Likes
Vugar
First Poster
Options

I bought it from kontakt home (Azerbaijan)

0 Likes
Vugar
First Poster
Options

Well I tried it and it said "your device software is up to date: RD4(CAU)"

0 Likes
nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

@Vugar  Check out Sammobile website.  https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9/firmware/SM-G960F/

They have the latest firmwares there for the s9 in many countries.  I did not see the country you stated there.  But maybe you can download one from a nearby country.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

It's usually the phone coming from another country/region or the network provider not releasing the update. Updates go to the carrier first for them to do any tweaks first. 

If nothing else you'd probably need to use the site above and flash the firmware but be sure of what you're doing or you can end up a bit stuck with an unusable phone. 

Just read up plenty first 

0 Likes