Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Highlighted
Apprentice

What? i used huawei nova 3 and xiaomi mm2 mm3 rn4 rn5 rn7, both brands is the worst in term of push notifications. That wakelock app is the only savior for that phones. Trust me i tried so many things.

Highlighted
Explorer

I know I've said this before but delay on my S9 appears to be mainly with gmail.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Have you tried not optimising the Android System app and system ui? I have no delay till today after using all the workaround except i dont use the wakelock apps cause ive got the notification fixed either when i uninstalled the Health Manager and not optimising the Android System and Systemui app. I used the wakelock apps on xiaomi and huawei. 

Highlighted
Explorer

I haven't heard about the Health Manager.  Is that the step-counting app?  I've never used it.  Is that a known offender?  I re-installed WakeLock again today to see if it maybe worked any better.  Results are inconclusive since I may have just missed the vibration on one message.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Look for few post back. I posted so many workaround to try. Dont just jump into wakelock. Finally please guys dont be too lazy to view few workaround that i posted few post back.

Highlighted
Hi there,

I haven't read all the way through this thread, but I noticed something strange happening with my S9.

I use 'pushbullet' so that incoming SMS's appear in the Chrome browser on my PC - it saves me going to fetch the phone when a bank/ebay/amazon etc. sends an SMS as part of their 2FA login process.

I notice that the popup window appears in Chrome almost as soon at the website says 'message sent', but it can be several minutes before I hear the phone play its 'SMS received' alert sound.

So the phone must have the SMS straight away (Pushbullet gets it from the phone) but doesn't bother to raise the notification until a good while later.

Don't know if this gives you a clue as to what's going on and maybe how to fix it?
Highlighted
Explorer

I can now confirm that WakeLock didn't help, since I just missed a car chase.  :(  Is there some known issue with Samsung Health Manager?  I've never heard that before but I'm willing to uninstall it since I don't use it.  (Yes, we've all tried turning off ALL optimization and it doesn't help.)  Maybe Alan's find above will help someone figure it out.  I love everything else about the phone.  I guess we'll just keep waiting in frustration, until our phones break and we buy something better.  :/

Highlighted
First Poster
Uninstalled Samsung Health fixed it for me. Also tested the app on an LG and it caused that phone to have notification issues.
Highlighted
Explorer

@js9000, thanks for the reply.  I gave it a shot, but even with Samsung Health uninstalled, WakeLock3 installed, and all battery optimization turned off, I've had my friend messaging me the time randomly during the day and it still didn't fix it.  I mean, it comes through, sometimes immediately, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 40 minutes later.  I'll keep trying though.  Maybe someday I'll find the answer.  But probably not.

Highlighted
First Poster

I did a 'soft' reset (in general settings) which returns everything to default settings without deleting your data, right before I removed that app. Maybe try that. My fingers are crossed. 

Top Liked Authors