Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Apprentice

Hi, just curious, did you have the samw Google account on all your Androis devices?

Apprentice

Yes, same google account on all devices.  Using the ADB to disable doze helps.  Gmail seems to be the only thing that is delayed that I'm aware of right now.  I think it really is an Android issue more than a Samsung?  Just my opinion.

Apprentice
Thanks for the info! And do your other Android devices have Marshmallow or above? I started having this issue a couple of months ago on my Note 4, which had been on Marshmallow for a long time already. I think it started happening after some security patches that were stuck and came through this year after I did a factory reset. I was using a ROM made for another model of Note 4, by the way, but had never had problems. So, I recently switched to an S7. Some details: I'm using the original stock ROM without any changes, but I'm on a different network than the phone's original network. Unfortunately, the same issue persists :(. I just did the ADB command like an hour ago, I hope it fixes it.

I was just wondering if it could maybe somehow be related to the specific Google account, since someome mentioned that possibility on Reddit, but if all your Android devices are at least on Marshmallow and using the same Google account, but don't show this behavior, it may not have anything to do with a specific account. Instead it's either a problem limited to Samsung or just more prominent on Samsung, I guess. Either way, it sucks that it's still happening to you after these months. I honestly hope that I don't suffer from this when I change to another manufacturer.

(Sorry for the lengthy reply!)
First Poster

I only have a Samsung s9 connected to my accounts,but goggle is connected to all of them.But to be honest this only started happening after the last update,everything was fine till then.

Apprentice

Thank you for your reply. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying the issue is fixed for my Galaxy S9+ as the issue gradually comes back after some time (a night's sleep). I am also aware of what people have tried before, I read all posts. What I am trying to do is find a correlation between things I do and the situation getting better. Perhaps I can find a pattern after testing reminders/events programmed every 15 minutes for several days. I am not at all saying the issue is fixed for me, I'm only saying I suspect (am looking for) a correlation but will only know if I spend more days testing. Last but not least, my old Nexus 7  2013 tablet always delivers the same notifications (same Google account) exactly on time while my GS9+ is often several minutes late for the same notification.
Cheers.

Apprentice

I do. I have the same Google account on both a GS9+ and an old Nexus 7 2013. The Nexus always delivers calendar notifications on time, the S9+ has the same problem everyone has here.

Explorer
Hi, this is definitely samsung patch issue which need to be fix. Google has introduce battery optimisation on their new OS. Since then this problem occurs on random devices. Even if you turn off the battery optimisation it react the same way. So ADB command definitely works here and completely disable battery optimisation. But the problem is it’s temporary solution. If you restart your device it doesn’t work again. It’s not official way either. My guss is that samsung update/patch is not syncing properly or having a bugs which delayed all notifications. I don’t know what their developers are doing but this is very clear they don’t listen to the customers and never replied here in blogs. I have tried every possible thing. Even tried to reset and activate again with different google account but problem is still there. So definitely samsung problem not google. My wife using s10+ and its working fine. So I think its device specific bug and random. Once you get it no matter whatever you do its come back. Samsung has to listen to their customers. Every one should complain to them and may this will help to identify the problem as whenever you call them they said they are unaware of this problem even if you tell them have a look this blog. Everyone should report it to BBC watchdog if they can be helpful.
Apprentice

Might a petition on change.org helps to get visibility?

Explorer
It could be. I have tried my best to contact samsung but they always passing me around. Remote connection then ask to send for repair, replace with brand new device. New device has same problem and they have started same procedure again and again. They have no direct developer contact or they don’t want to give me the details whatsoever. I am still waiting for their reply but they haven’t. Last time their customer service contacted me and I told them but I never get any responce after. I think social media and petition as you said plus BBC watchdog etc may be helpful as a last option.
Explorer

Its active on change.org please have a look and sign if you'r affected. Upload picture and reason of delayed notification as evidance if you can.

http://chng.it/mdKDTcJb

Top Liked Authors