Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Apprentice

Hi again,

So, here is my test after uninstalling samsung health.

It did work for me for couple of days then I realized that it is getting delayed again. and today after ~5 days, the delay is back with 10 to 15 min delay in notificaitons.

PNF was working good for me so, I would go for combination of both, installing PNF and uninstalling samsung health.

Good to know it is working for other, so, please keep giving the feedback if this is really the culprit.

regards

Apprentice

Hi. I got my notification working instantly for 2 weeks straight now by removing samsung device health service(no icon in app drawer) and google device health service. I uninstall this two apps by using TB and rebooted. Currently still working like a charms. My device is running one ui android 9. Please i hope you try it also and give feedbacks

By the way this issues does not only happen on samsung devices, it also happen widely on huawei and mostly xiaomi. I had 3 xiaomi device and push notification were really bad there even i tried so many possible things related to disabling battery saving, apps, kernel etc but to no vail unless you got the android one version. Da*n miui extreme battery saving. So did huawei devices, followed the instruction given on don't kill my apps web. It only lasted 1 day. Then the issue comes back. So if you are planning to ditch samsung i need you to think twice. Its not totally samsung fault. Its a fault by google itself.

First Poster

it's good that we managed to solve the problem, but i use samsung health regularly to run, so i'm on non-stop mobile data and still have messages coming. Anyway, congratulations on finding this out

Apprentice

Same here with my Note 9. I tried everything, nothing worked permanently. Also contacted the support. Just got basic troubleshooing advices. Nothing helped of course. Very VERY VERY!!! frustrating!!! A 1000€ phone and so basic things are not working. SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG!! 

I have same issue. I own Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, my wife has iPhone 8. Whenever I get any email, my wife is getting notification right away  (she is logged to same account) and my phone shows notification after 5 to 20 minutes. It is very annoying actually, because we need faster notification if there are customers contacting us. For 1400$ phone I was expecting highest quality, versatility and the fastest actions with no lag.

I'm a little bit disappointed. I hope it will be fixed in new Android 10 / UI 3.0

Explorer

Not installing Samsung Health "sort of works" most of the time but not always, sometimes notifications are still late. While testing this I noticed another (related ?) issue:
If I program an event with zero duration in Google Calendar I get no “at time of event” notification from my google calendar app on my Galaxy S9+ smartphone. If I program additional notifications for that same event (a few minutes before the event) those additional notifications do appear on the phone but the notification programmed for “at time of event” does still not appear at all. Have you tried zero-length events in Google Calendar ?

Apprentice

Its not Samsung Health we are talking about. Its Samsung Device Health with no icon in app drawer.  You might get confuse. Anyway disable or uninstall also the Google Device Health. Its the same with Samsung Device Health.Screenshot_20191114-004330_Settings.jpg

Explorer

Ahah ! That's different indeed.

I cannot find any app under the exact names "Samsung Device Health" or "Google Device Health" on my Galaxy S9+ but there is an app called "Device Health Services". I presume that's the one you mean ?

I cannot uninstall it but I can disable it. Please confirm.

Apprentice

Yes that is correct. That is the app name. Disable it and restart your phone. You might also want to disable the exact same name but has google naming in it like Google Device Health. If you cant find one,maybe its not pre installed on your device.

Explorer

Thanks. I only found that one "Device Health Services" app and I disabled it then rebooted, I have no "Google Device Health" in the Apps settings. I will provide feedback after testing for a few days. Regards.

Top Liked Authors