Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Apprentice

None of the fixes I have been able to find have worked for me except clearing cache and restarting up to 20x a day. Tried the ADB fix finally and it does nothing for me. Sent myslef email and got it 25 min later. Gmail is the worst with delayed notifications. I am so sad that my NOte 8 is pretty much useless at this point. Everything is delayed.

Explorer

After tried everything so far, there is no proper solutions out there. I noticed so far is that only few google accounts affected with this problem on exynos chip while there were no major complaints from snapdragon version. So there may be a problem with exynos chip made by samsung or google account which is not possible I think. 

1. I want someone to try same google account setup on different brnad phones. Please update if there is notification issue with it or not..

2. On samsung phone create new gmail account and setup and check if it does makes any difference. 

3. Samsung is fully aware of this problem but they doesn’t  care about customers anymore.

4. People are also aware about this problem. They also doesn’t care about Samsung and switching to different brands now. 

5. Finally there is no working solution at the moment. We can try something and test but not guaranteed if it works. 

If someone tried working solution please share. 

* Please do not tell about enable disable battery optimisation and other settings including ADB which are not working for everyone.

Observer

Finally, a solution.. sort of! The short answer is this: Do everyone here have Samsung Health app installed on the phone? If yes and you don't mind to removing it, then uninstall it. Problem (should be) solved.

I'm curious if it work for everyone. Please let me know.

Apprentice

Just uninstalled Samsung Health as per albert9106's suggestion.

Lets see how it goes.

Will update in couple of days after test.

BTW meanwhile for couple of months I am using PNF app to force notification check with 2 minutes heartbeat.

And it is sort of working for me, at least I get notification max with only 2 min delay. Much better than several minutes to hours delay.

Explorer

Finally Removing Samsung health look more promising than earlier solutions. Well find albert9106. May i ask how do you found this?

Thank you for sharing. It may open samsung developer’s eyes now. No one till the date found any proper solutions but this one working fine at the moment. Hopefully will work for everyone and bricked paperweight became proper smart phone again. I would love to test few more days and see if its working or not. Will update soon.

PNF app wasn’t working for me. ADB working but not always. Not battery setting has any effect either.

Finally removed Samsung health and health services as well. Now notifications are coming through.

UPDATE: 

Notifications started delay again but not as earlier. Still delay and less frequent though.

Explorer

Amazing, it appears to work well but only time will tell if this is the/a definitive solution. For the time being all notifications arrive with a 0 or 1 second delay only. Yessss, let's hope. I will know more in a few days but it sure looks interesting. Well done.
I do have a slight problem with this solution though: I also have a Samsung Gear S2 watch and it reminds me from time to time to install Samsung Health on my phone...    :-(    So if there is an even more basic solution, I'd love that.

Explorer
I have removed Samsung Health.
How do i remove health services please.
Explorer

You don’t need to remove Samsung health and services, just disable them in case anything goes wrong you can have option to enable again.

Please check here for the procedure...

https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/amp/

Or download paid app from play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinder.pksafety

Please read reviews before buy anthing from play store.

This method is not working for me now. It started delaying notifications again. There must be something from Samsung that cause this problem or could be google, not sure.

First Poster

I don't have Samsung Health.

Explorer

It works for me (so far) but I need to be more specific in HOW I did it:
I did not uninstall Samsung Health. I did fully reset my phone to default and refused to install Samsung Health when suggested to do so. In this fashion I expect that neither Samsung Health nor any accessory services to it are installed. It is working perfectly since then (maximum 1 second notification delay) but I will continue to watch it closely. I am not suggesting you should reset your phone as I did, I am only telling you that it worked for me. 

Top Liked Authors