Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Explorer
So will this fill all notification issues or just email?
Observer

This has worked on my S7:

Turned off "do not disturb" settings.

Set "switch to mobile data" in WiFi settings to aggressive mode.

Turned on "keep mobile data turned on" in developer options.

First Poster

My phone delays time before call start, could be even 5mins before it starts. Looks like Samsung has SW problems, time to switch brand?

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm going insane about this since galaxy s6, I think that maybe it's time for a new phone brand from different company

Apprentice

If you want instant notificaitons I think an Apple product will work well.  All of my Android devices are delayed, Samsung(S7 & S9) and Chuwi tablet but not my Ipad.  I just bought my S9 knowing this but using ADB command to disable "doze" and "deep idle" helps get the notifications fairly quick.  I think it is an Android issue that started with Nougat upgrade.

Explorer

I've tried adb control this morning and it's still the same, nothing works anymore

Observer

Disabling doze was working for me, but not anymore. Don't know what to do. I read all of the articles and forum posts on the internet, tried all of the methods, did 1000 factory resets and nothing. I'm getting desperate. Samsung, Google, Android team... I'm beggin' you guys, do something.

First Poster

I have the same issue. I love having updated scores but last night I got a whole hockey game in 2 mins of notifications after waking up my phone. I thought it had gotten better, but it hasnt.

Apprentice

Mobile data always active seems to work for me. What is the impact on battery life? Also, would simply turning off WiFi also work?

Explorer
I've tried almost everything, and I'm telling again that I have this problem since Galaxy S6, my Galaxy A8 won't receive WhatsApp or Viber messages unless I enter the app myself, and I've tried ADB devices thing, factory reset, optimizing battery every possible way, optimizing internet settings, data saver is off, I don't know what else to do.
Top Liked Authors