Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Highlighted
Explorer

@meljojo wrote:

My Bluetooth is now disabled on the Galaxy S9+ since 2 days (as a trial) and I definitely still have the motification delay issue.
Notifications for the very same Google Calendar events on the very same Google account arrive exactly on time on an old Nexus 7 (maximum 1 second delay) but are delayed minutes on the Galaxy S9+ even with BT disabled. Both devices are on the very same Wi-Fi.  BT does not appear to be at the origin of the notification delay problem I have.  Continuing to search...

Did you reboot after disabling Bluetooth. I had to reboot to stop the delays after disabling Bluetooth. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Go into settings and search for optimized battery usage.  Click through until you see a list of apps.  Click "apps not optimized" and change to "all".  Disable any apps that you aren't getting notifications for properly.  If this doesn't work ensure the apps can't be put to sleep under device health care -> battery and select the apps being affected.

You're welcome

Highlighted
Explorer

@Dylo wrote:

Go into settings and search for optimized battery usage.  Click through until you see a list of apps.  Click "apps not optimized" and change to "all".  Disable any apps that you aren't getting notifications for properly.  If this doesn't work ensure the apps can't be put to sleep under device health care -> battery and select the apps being affected.

You're welcome

Please read through the whole thread. This have been discussed and tried many times by others including me and it does not fix the issue!

Highlighted
Explorer
Just an update. Issues have not returned for me since removing all my bt devices, but I have been avoiding adding any new bt devices outside those I use daily and also have not been using my phone to unlock the yeelock.
Highlighted
Explorer
Are you saying you have no Bluetooth devices connected and it has fixed the delay issue?
Highlighted
Apprentice
I did read through most of the 31 pages 😆. I was able to solve it on my S10, a friend's S7 and a note 8 so far and it was because they were in the wrong place (posting for everyone not just you). I'm sure there's more than one issue but I would double check in case try this to see exactly where: https://youtu.be/-CxZUu1Mzmo. Good luck.
Highlighted
Explorer

@Cocky wrote:
Are you saying you have no Bluetooth devices connected and it has fixed the delay issue?

I still have 8 Bluetooth devices connected and no lag. 

3 smart watch, 3 earbuds, 1 headset and 1 car Bluetooth.

Windows dynamic lock, yeelock was definitely causing delays for me, but I think my plantronics desktop Bluetooth headset is one of the main culprit when I get home.

I've reenabled device health and so far no issues. 

Highlighted

Sorry if I didn't read the complete topic ... does this happen only if BT is active, even if no device is connected ?

Highlighted
Explorer
Yeah that Bluetooth connection are just weird.
Highlighted
Explorer
Sorry meant to say "those". Stupid autocorrect
Top Liked Authors