Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I got few workaround that also works for me. I dont know if it work on your s9. But you can try. Go to battery optimisation, list all apps and search for system. There you will see Android System and System UI. Disable battery optimisation for this apps and restart and let see how it goes. If it does not work maybe the apps is the one that having a problem with notifications. Try also download similar apps like theScore which give notification and see which apps notified you faster.

Highlighted
First Poster

Those two System ones are already disable and have been for a while.  I also have a fantasy football one that is delayed and I tried a new scoring app today and the same thing happens.  They are all delayed.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hmm. What have you tried so far? PNF, disable idle command, etc? If it only notified when you open the screen im pretty sure you got wakelock issues

Highlighted
First Poster

I am not sure what PNF is.  I did the disable idle command. I have been following this thread a long time and have tried everything on it.  Yea, as soon as I hit the home button when the screen is black then wakes up, I will get the notification.  How do I fix wake lock issues?

Highlighted
Explorer

I have the same issue with my Note 10+

Screen is balck and the minute i turn the screen on notifications come through

Highlighted
Apprentice

Easy. If you get notified only when your phone is charging, im pretty sure you got defected cpu as charging add cpu wakelock. You might want to try wakelock power manager on playstore and set it to partial wakelock. Disable battery optimisation for this apps and keep it running. Youll get instant notifications even your screen is off.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Try workaround posted above. Install wakelock power manager and, set it to partial wakelock and autostart on boot.

First Poster

Ok, I have downloaded it.  I will set my phone to give me notifications for the Monday night game and let you know how it goes after or during the game. Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Alright. By the way i edited my post above. Set to partial wakelock and set it autostart on boot. Disable battery optimisation for this app.

Highlighted
Observer

Hi everyone.  I am facing same issue from last 4 months on my s9+. I noticed it as i am a courier with skipthedishes. The courier app earlier show notification when i got a order. Earlier i don't have to keep the app open on screen. But once i noticed it i have to keep the app openon screen. I do it by adding any address in google map and keep it in picture in picture mode. This way my screen dnt turn off and i dnt have to touch it again and again. 

I dnt recieve notification for any app. And suddenly al notification come like a machine gun. Sometimes it show me same notification again and again. Even when i click on them and read them it will keep coming..like Instagram message and fb post.

When i restart the phone all my notifications come even the old one.. in a bunch.. the courier app work for properly for one order. Like it show me notification and ring even when my screen is off and locked. But after that again same issue. I have to keep the app open all the time..

I have tried the disable health service and disable battery optimisation but same after restart it work ok for 10 minute and then again no notifications. 

Other apps .. gmail i have to refresh then i ger new mail.. whatsapp no issue at all. Facebook instagram notifications showen again and again.

Top Liked Authors