Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Explorer

Same thing happned to me with my S9+. Only 7 months old. only get notification when screen wake up or delayed for 15 min - next day depends on phone mood!!. Sent for repair 2 times at samsung service centre. First time I had a remote session with them, second time update firmware and third time replaced motherboard. No luck. Replaced with brand new device now but same problem again with new deviceas well. I think either their software is faulty or all range of this devices are faulty. No point getting same new device, instead ask for the refund. For your information their processing time and service is very slow. Mine took more than 20 days to replace new one after numerous phone calls to their customer service. Meanwhile you will be without your phone if sent for the repair. I wish you happy customer dealing experience in advance. Now heard new problem after April update for its front facing camera heavily crops the face after taking selfies. Its on the news everywhere. I know how angry all customers are now....

First Poster

I experienced this on my S8 after I updated to Android Pie. I then upgraded to my current S10+ and I'm experiencing the same issue with delayed notifications. I've tried absolutely everything to find a fix - it is so fustrating and inconvenient 😭

Observer

Hi,

I have a Samsung A9 and same issue is on Whatsapp and Skype notifications. This really makes no sense since I need to go on whatsapp to receive the notifications.

Any way of disabling this function?

Thanks

Explorer

No there is no other way to solve this issue unless samsung realise their mistake and take appropriate actions (update patch) to win customers trust back. 

I bet if not resolve this quickly by samsung they definitely lose customers soon. No one has a time to wait now are days as people paid a lot of mony for smart phones and this is being happening sine last year. Switching mobile brands are easy once lose trust.  I can see that what was happened  to Nokia when they were at the top place in market and apple then Samsung took over the market. Now its time to happen same thing again with them. Guss who will be doing this (Hu...ai)

I wish good luck to Samsung if they can save their customers by accepting their mistake otherwise they will be in the line of Nokia soon..

Highlighted
First Poster

I can confirm both for s8+ (upgraded to pie), and note 9 (pie). this is most annoying. Truth to be said, it seems that the glitch is with Google since other brands are affected in the same way, but this is making our (or at least, mine) devices (both ex Samsung) 90% unusable. Samsung or Google -- someone has to make this problem resolved asap.

Explorer
Tried it, still the same
Explorer

It will not work, no matter whatever settings you try. Don’t waste your time changing settings. Its something firmware issue need to be fix by samsung and google side. Only unofficial workaround is working that disabling dose mode completely but it may affect your battery life sooner or later. I would not recommended it. Contact samsung insted via their social media or by mobile support team on the phone. They can check your phone settings remotely. I know it doesn’t work but it will register the problem on their system so they can escalate to the developer. Hope this will help a bit. Meanwhile use your mobile as a paperweight unless fix by samsung.

Apprentice

I am having this  issue  also! I have tried every fix I have found on the web and in forums! I have even done the dreaded factory reset and I am still having issues. The only solution that I haven't  tried is the abd shell. I do not have access to a pc to implement this fix.  This is driving me nuts. I am an otr driver and need my email notification right away, as I lose loads if I don't respomd in a timely manner. 

Explorer

Hello, Wrongwaynsassie

Please do contact them here link I provided. As I have already tried everything. ADB shell is only temporary thing and affect your battery settings directly. I would say avoid this if you can instead contact them. 

On my brand new device having the same problem. I am not using it at the moment. None of them helpful for this problem as this is purly firmware issue. So basically I contacted them again on FB messanger they gave me phone number to speak with them. They also tried remote session on my phone but doesn’t work and last I’ve been advised to contact them by email to get it to developers as there is no other contact details of the developers. I have tried to contact them by email but getting an error on their page. If you do so please include the community link in your email for them to have a look. Please update us if you get any response from there.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/email-technical-question/

Top Liked Authors