Support

Open search

Delayed notifications issue affecting all range of Samsung devices since at least half a year.

Explorer

I am seriuosly thinking of contacting consumer affairs in Australia and demanding a replacement or a refund.

Sick of waiting for a fix

Apprentice

After trying every option I finally gave up and decided to go back to my iPhone X. The Galaxy S10 now lies in a drawer waiting to see if some day this will be fixed (probably not). 

Apprentice

Not so sure Samsung deserves the bashing here as it's more of an Android issue(Oreo & Pie).  I recently purchased an S9 and yes it has the delayed notifications like my S7 & Chuwi Android tablet.  My Ipad does not have the issue.  I work around it by disabling idle/deep sleep mode using the ADB method.  Still not as responsive as the Ipad but tolerable.    Maybe some opinions from LG, Huawei, Oneplus owners need to be checked out.  Mine started with the Oreo update last summer on my S7.

Apprentice
Yes, there are many reports that Android devices from other manufacturers have the same problem (even Google Pixel phones). That doesn't mean Samsung is blameless - I mean, it's 2019 and we are talking about e-mail notifications that are 5-30+ minutes late, from phones that cost well over $500. The fact that no one at Samsung or Google is even looking at this problem (and low-level reps just blaming users for not checking the battery optimization settings, etc, when someone complains) just goes to show that these companies simply don't care about their users. All their so-called customer service exists merely to check boxes in their quarterly compliance report, and nothing else.
First Poster
I dealt with this for 11 months with the S9 and never figured out a fix. Got the S10+ in March and the S10 just started doing it.
I can't deal with this for another year, I hope they figure out a fix real soon!!

Same, s9 for a yeas, s10 plus is doing it even more frequently. I have done literally everything mentioned in this thread.

One thing that does work is being constantly on VPN

Apprentice
I very serioiusly doubt it has to do with the network. It happens to me when I am on my home WiFi and other devices on the same network notify me on-time, only my Samsung S9+ is always several minutes late.
Explorer

Next week i will be contacting Samsung and demanding a refund.

If they cant fix the issue then i want a new phone or a refund.

Highlighted
Explorer

My wife has Galaxy A8, and she doesn't get notifications at all, WhatsApp messages are constantly delayed as are viber and messenger messages. I don't know if Huawei has the same problem but I'm planning to switch.

First Poster

I have had this problem for over 2 months now and it's not getting any better I have tried a few fixes but none have worked.Cant believe Samsung is ignoring the problem especially with the price of these phones.

Top Liked Authors