Support

Open search

Dead pixels on S9+

SOLVED
First Poster

I have not had my S9+ for long and have just notice a small 1cm multicoloured line about 2 thirds of the way up they screen. It's more visible on a white background but present all the time.

Has anyone else had any issues like this or got advice for what I should do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Andrewkb

That's not good  !

There is a test programme on your phone which can be accessed via opening up your phone app and dial *#0*#

Then choose the text colour panels a few times each and then come out of the test programme.

If the pixels remain then seek help from the seller if you have a cooling off period to have it swapper out or if not then Samsung could help via one of their Service Centres.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Andrewkb

That's not good  !

There is a test programme on your phone which can be accessed via opening up your phone app and dial *#0*#

Then choose the text colour panels a few times each and then come out of the test programme.

If the pixels remain then seek help from the seller if you have a cooling off period to have it swapper out or if not then Samsung could help via one of their Service Centres.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Thanks for the response I will do the test and then contact my provider if needs be.

Highlighted
Voyager

Had dead pixels on mine once. I took it to am experience store and they replaced the screen under warranty. 

Woody'S9+
Top Liked Authors