Support

Open search

Connecting to car using RSAP with Dual Sim S9

Apprentice

I bought a dual sim S9 while I was in France. However the dual sim S9 will not connect to any car using RSAP (remote sim access profile).

There are thousands of people all over europe who cannot connect their dual sim S9 phone to their car using RSAP. There are many posts from all different countries in this and other forums expressing this problem. The only reason why it does not get raised as an issue in the UK is because in the UK it is the single sim variant that is sold, and RSAP connectivity works perfectly fine with the single sim S9.

I have seen various posts from consumers giving their opinions, but I can't find a post from an official Samsung representitive explaining the cause and the solution.

So, please can some one from Samsung categorically state:

Why does the single sim variant works with RSAP but the dual sim variant does not.

Please explain when the dual sim variant will be modified to allow it to work with RSAP.

If you state that that there are no plans to add this feature, please state the reason why as there are thousands of people that want to know why they can't connect their phone to their car using RSAP.

Please don't advise other ways to connect to the phone, I know how to connect my phone using bluetooth or a cable, but that doesn't allow the capabilities that are provided when connected by RSAP.

After you've provided these details, I and all the other users that have this problem can then decide whether to keep our Samsung phones and live with the reduced functionailty, or whether to buy an alternate brand that does provide this facility. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES
AntS Moderator

Hi @DotNetDude

I've read your PM to me on this one, but figured I'd reply in a public post in the interests of anyone else out there that may be experiencing the same issue.

I'm unsure of the exact reasons why the dual-SIM variant wouldn't work in this case, and so I've asked for advice from our software team for you guys. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know of what we get back from that.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice
Great, many thanks, looking forward to the response.
Highlighted
AntS Moderator

No worries @DotNetDude.

Our software team have got back to us pretty quickly. It seems that they’ve received a few queries from other countries about this one previously. They also confirmed from speaking with the developers in question that RSAP isn’t supported on Dual-SIM S9 variants, and that there are no plans to do so. Sadly, the developers haven't been forthcoming with more than that.

Appreciate that it's not what you wanted to hear. I'd have liked for a fuller explanation too.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Clearly not the answer I was looking for, but at least I know where I stand.

ChrisM Moderator

Indeed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @DotNetDude.

Top Liked Authors