Support

Open search

Clock now placed at left in the status bar. WTF?

Observer

Please can we get an option to place it at the right again? Or even better: can we get an option to hide the clock and other icons in the status bar?

I can't believe such a simple customization task can't be done. 2019 and we still in the Jurassic era for certain things, OMG.

6 REPLIES 6

I agree these options should be customizable for users. Placing the clock at the right actually created lots of confusion for me initially.

I believe we should not change or alter things too much just for the sake of it.

Also clock icon is so wrong. The standard clock icon should display 10:10 but for some reason samsung decided to use their own time

Well this does not affect the usability at all but it does shows the gradual unconventional shift samsung is trying to bring (at times unnecessarily)

Hope someone from samsung is taking note of these feedback.

Thanks

Santosh

Apprentice

Agree, very annoying. For me, left side "clear" means no notifications. Now I have to look for my glasses first! This stupid decision comes from stupid notch but S9 has no notch so, MAKE THIS OPTIONAL PLZ.

dolfff

I agree completely. Samsung please make this customizable.

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

There is a solution now. You can use GoodLock 2018 and module QuickStar to moving clock to right.

Screenshot_20190308-103857_QuickStar.jpg

How to do it: Follow this article (it is in my native languace - czech - so please use translated version): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Feu.community.samsung.com%2Ft5%2FS...

Explorer

Hi, as @Libb has said you can get Good Lock to change the clock. It was updated 7th March to run on Pie and I can confirm it works well.

In addition the app can tweak other settings too. Also it's a Samsung app for those that are careful about what they download.

Observer

Seems a little ridiculous though, that we need a special app - regardless of whether it's Samsung or not - to do something so basic. Also noticed that the settings area looks a little dumbed down, like they took examples from Microsoft when they released windows 10. everything looks a little... Gimmicky. We're running Android ***** if i wanted a phone that told us how we wanted it to look and behave, id've bought a ***** iPhone. 

Top Liked Authors