Support

Open search

Clear case not working after s9 update

Apprentice
Hi Marleen

Thanks for the info, how interesting it is also giving me that error message too "No longer compatible on my device". I'm guessing it's because of the One UI Pie update and the app hasn't been updated to the new Android Pie operating system from Oreo. That's usually the story after a major update like the one in January. There will probably be a few issues until the third party apps and Samsung apps are updated to the new Pie operating system. Hopefully they will fix the always on display soon as more and more phones with the new update will be in the same situation. When Samsung do get back to me I'll also mention this issue as well.
Observer

I had the same problem, but I find this one solution. Go to the menu setting, general management, reset, reset settings to their defaults. Wait until your phone restart automatically and after that it should be fixed by now.. 

First Poster

Rahsya - Thank you for the suggestion. It makes me a little nervous performing a reset. I realize this isn't a "factory" reset but I'd hate to create much additional work setting up the phone again. Do you know what is impacted when performing this kind of reset?

Thanks again,

Doug

First Poster

@Rahsya wrote:

I had the same problem, but I find this one solution. Go to the menu setting, general management, reset, reset settings to their defaults. Wait until your phone restart automatically and after that it should be fixed by now.. 

This did not work. Thank you 

Apprentice

I am just waiting for the monthly software update. If that doesn't fix the issue and the case still dead, that will be my last Samsung phone. Even if their next device has the ability to fly, I won't have any trust in this company ever again. Cos it's just frustrating to pay for something and because of a clumsy programmer we can't use it. 

Observer

mine hasnt worked since i last updated i even thought my phone has a problem. didnt work even after rebooting

Apprentice

Hi after speaking with Samsung and investigating my phone it turned out that my case was not a genuine Samsung case but a knock off which has become a huge problem here with sellers.  I discovered that there were tell tale differences once I was shown the legitimate case and my knock off one. So unfortunately I had to replace my case and ended up contacting the original seller who was selling these knock off cases who guaranteed they were Samsung branded cases.  The new case works with the Pie upgrade. Hopefully Samsung can help you with your issues. 

Apprentice

I got my case straight from a Samsung store. It cannot get more official than that. It still doesn't work. A friend of mine works in a private electronic devices maintenance office told me most companies (not just phone manufacturers) to boost their sales, they make new accessories and update their systems to make sure only the new ones work. 

Apprentice

Wow that's not good then. I was told that if you take the phone out of the case and turn off the phone and wait 30 seconds and turn the phone back on and place it back in the case it should work. When you go to the advanced features option does the accessories option show at the top of the list? If it doesn't then the phone is definitely  not responding to the case. This is where I got Samsung to investigate my phone by allowing them to access my phone remotely so they can download the folders that contain the functions to work with the case. So if the step above doesn't work contact Samsung and they will investigate the issue with your phone. Hopefully they can help out.

Hello Everyone,

I just recently had this issue with my phone. Worked fine last night, but this morning it no longer functioned. After looking online. I randomly decided to look at any app updates and noticed 41 minutes ago that "Samsung Accessory Service" was updated. I clicked on it, uninstalled, then clicked install... and then rebooted my phone and my official Samsung case works again.

Maybe this will help for some?

Top Liked Authors