Support

Open search

Clear case not working after s9 update

First Poster

Thank you very much for the reply. The information you provided was interesting. I did check mine and it apperars to be a genuine Samsung case.  I do hope your info helps other folks.

Apprentice
Hi Doug that's interesting if yours is the genuine Samsung case and isn't working. Some people are saying if you take your phone out of the case, turn your phone off and back on after 10 seconds and then place your phone back in the case the case should work. Also Samsung got me to put my phone into safe mode by turning off the phone and holding down the volume key and power buttons together for a few seconds and it turns on into safe mode. They then got me to scroll down to the clear cache option and click ok to clear the cache. Apparently this has fixed the issue with other peoples cases not working. There are also instructions available on the internet to show you how to do this. If you are confident enough to give that a go it may work for you. Hopefully Samsung will have a fix for yours soon. I'm just very disappointed that my other case appears to be knock off and not a genuine Samsung case as the seller has guaranteed.
First Poster

Thanks again for the ideas. I did try the removing/power off option - but had not seen the safe mode one. I'll give that a try.

Bummer on your case. Who would have every thought a case could be different in that way!

Apprentice
Here is a link to the instructions for clearing the cache. This is the same instructions Samsung have me. Hope it works for you

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37180
First Poster

I had no problem following the directions. Watched a nice YouTube about it as well. I am still having the same results.  :(

System still won't change clock type on closed cover for "always on" display.  Thank you again for the idea. I guess there is way more serious things in life to worry about!!

Highlighted
Explorer

I think there is also a problem with the “Allways on display” app. Just search in the google Play Store for Samsung Allways On Display... and I received following error “This app is no longer compatible with your device. Contact the developers for more info.” 😳 You can find this in "settings / lock screen / allways on display" there at the bottom you click on "about allways on display" On that screen there is a little info icon on the right top side, click on it and you see the info below... "app details in store" click on that. There I found the error message ! (hide and seek)

And the developer contact is : sec.systemui@samsung.com

I have the S9... and I will contact them Screenshot_20190222-162321_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20190222-164010_Google Play Store.jpg

First Poster

Interesting. Thank you for the suggestion. Glad you provided a screen shot. I can not find that app in Google play or installed on my phone. I'll be interested if you hear back from Samsung.

Explorer
You can find this in "settings / lock screen / allways on display" there at the bottom you click on "about allways on display" On that screen there is a little info icon on the right top side, click on it and you see the info below... "app details in store" click on that. There I found the error message ! (hide and seek).
I have heard nothing yet from Samsung...
First Poster

Thank you!

I followed your path and see the info you mention.  Mine shows "App downloaded from Galaxy store" all grayed out. Version 4.1.37 - grayed out as well.

Explorer
Very strange... I have the same version 4.1.37 but app downloaded from the google play store 🤔
Top Liked Authors