Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Clear View Standing Cover : problems after booting the S9

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 09:21 AM)
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Sometimes, after a reboot, the opening and closing of the Clear View Cover isn't recognized by the S9.

When asked in the past Samsung suggested a factory reset, but that didn't help.

It is NOT a problem of the hardware, the hall-sensor works correctly ( tested with sensor test *#0*# ).

Some affected users have found the following workaround : press start button with cover being open, 5 sec after begin of startup close cover, keep closed while booting, some secs after sim-unlock-prompt the closed cover is recognized, from then on it works until to the next boot .

There are several topics, chats, etc for this issue - I would kindly ask Samsung to involve technical staff, do a proper root cause analysis and solve the problem.

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
memoconq
Journeyman
Options

None of the solutions in this post worked for me. My cover was malfunctioning after I had updated from Android 8 to 9 until now. Android 10 update fixed my issue just a few days ago.

0 Likes
MarianMdc
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After reboot, when the screen lights up, I press the volume keys and bixby key with cover close. Open and close the cover a couple of times and done. Works everytime for me.

0 Likes
Akramhasan
First Poster
Options

Currently I am facing the same issue, suddenly clear view cover not working, also hall sensor working fine.

what should I do??

0 Likes