Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change power saving mode erases my home screen apps

(Topic created on: 27-07-2019 05:07 PM)
Skw1107
First Poster
Options

Since the last update whenever I change my phone from max power saving mode to any other battery mode it loses the apps that were on my home screen.  I have all my apps sorted into folders (so sad I know) and it loses all of those settings too. It didn't do this prior to the last update or maybe I have changed a setting somewhere since that is causing it.  How do i stop this from happening?  

24 REPLIES 24
YoDaLa
Apprentice
Options

Had the same situation here, but last 2 weeks it has not happened. 

Very odd as last update was 1 month ago?!?

Miracles apparently do exist 

0 Likes
Dgarcia
Student
Options

Does that mean the power save feature works again? And when its turned off our settings go back to normal?

0 Likes
Jessssss
First Poster
Options

Glad it's not just me! But would like a fix for this 😡

0 Likes
Reyhan
First Poster
Options

Did anyone find a solution? Mine just started this week! 

0 Likes
Jessssss
First Poster
Options

No solution but informed the tech team today via Facebook...  Hopefully they do something... 

0 Likes
Chrn
First Poster
Options

Happened to me as well. 

0 Likes
S_g
First Poster
Options

Me too! I have an s9. 

0 Likes
nickleigh78
First Poster
Options

Hello, just had the same issue with Samsung A50. Changing Power Mode from Optimised to Maximum Power Saving Mode resulted in the phone sticking in Maximum Power Mode regardless of whichever power mode was selected after.

All home screen apps/widgets disappeared and keyboard changed. Selecting any power saving mode resulted in the phone running the required optimisations/actions etc and then sticking in Maximum Power Mode.

The phone would show the home screen with a background and No apps/widgets... i.e. the display looked like Optimised mode but the phone thought it was in Max Power Saving Mode. 

The way to fix the issue was:
Turn on Adapative Power Saving Mode

Tap Apply

Select Maximum Power Saving Mode

Deselect all Power Saving Options

Tap Apply

This brought the home screen apps/widgets back and changed the keyboard to normal. 

Then Select Optimised Power Saving Mode

Tap Apply

Hope this might help some of you. 

0 Likes
Deja
First Poster
Options

Not a solution, but a quick fix to get everything back the way it was:

https://youtu.be/R2FJ8dJqW1s

The only thing that was off was I had to reapply my theme and restore the info for my weather and app widgets, but that was easy enough.

Hope this helps!

genisis
First Poster
Options

I have the latest update installed on my S10+.  I also have two groups which contains apps.  When going into power save mode, then returning back to normal use.  The groups are gone and the icons are back on the main pages.  

Then I went back into power save mode, and returned back to normal use,  the groups where back.

This must be a bug.

0 Likes