Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't search for GIFs

(Topic created on: 05-05-2018 10:17 AM)
Nm21
Explorer
Options

Hi. When using the messaging app and the default Samsung keyboard I can't seem to search through GIFs, only select ones in the categories. Why is this? It's really annoying. Screenshot attached.....Screenshot_20180505-101044_Messages.jpg

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
DarkRitual
First Poster
Options

Well for me the gif search is broken, which wasn't the case on Android 7 (note8). Now  get around it I have to set the Samsung keyboard to floating for the gif search to not disappear 

0 Likes
kkh
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately even though I can see them it tells me that I "cant post this here", even though I absolutely can

0 Likes
Loydna
First Poster
Options

I found that when you use the full keyboard you cannot search for gifs. But if you use the floating keyboard you are able to search.

0 Likes
MichaelC7
First Poster
Options

Mine disappeared at some point and I had to go under... which was not easy to find keyboard layout and feedback under settings and turn on my keyboard toolbar. Gif is back up and runningScreenshot_20190822-174617_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes
samsmug9863
First Poster
Options

Ok. i found a solution. In the messaging app, where you type the text, click the + button to the LEFT. This brings up a window with stuff like "Gallery" "Places" "Collage" etc. Click "search". Then type whatever you're looking for like "duh" and hit "SEARCH". The results will come up with "Images" "video" and "Gifs". Select Gifs and find your gif. Click ATTACH, and it pops it into the text. YAYA!!!!

MCBigSwig
First Poster
Options

Still doesn't work for me on my S7.Noplace to search for gifs, just pre-selected topics. I have read every post in this thread, none of them work. WTF Samsung? ***** shame I have to download another app on my already overflowing memory to do this.

0 Likes
sam126
First Poster
Options

Did the updates fix it?

0 Likes
WessleyPerry
First Poster
Options

Can you search for GIFs that you create with PIE? GIFs and the clipboard have always been difficult due to the layers of code!20200705_210403.jpg

0 Likes
Sala_
First Poster
Options

This issue has started on my S22 Ultra, any updates to fix?

0 Likes