Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't search for GIFs

(Topic created on: 05-05-2018 10:17 AM)
Nm21
Explorer
Options

Hi. When using the messaging app and the default Samsung keyboard I can't seem to search through GIFs, only select ones in the categories. Why is this? It's really annoying. Screenshot attached.....Screenshot_20180505-101044_Messages.jpg

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
DMaestro
Student
Options

@Lotte32 wrote:

I have the same problem! So frustrating. Did you get an answer to this? Ives scrolled through replies and tried a few but nothing for me alot doesn't apply ... I have Samsung s7!x

It seems to be an issue with the stock Samsung keyboard.  Do you have the Samsung Neural keyboard as one of your keyboard options?

If not, download Gboard.  It's really good

0 Likes
Dabmeowt
First Poster
Options

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE KEYBOARD

It will allow you to get a regular keyboard and search gifs and emojis 

0 Likes
KAY52
Journeyman
Options

Since

0 Likes
KAY52
Journeyman
Options

Since the ui and software update on s9+ i noticed i can no longer search gifs just emojis come up.the samsung keyboard is different also

0 Likes
Thair_ree_oh
Student
Options

I have a s7 running oreo using the stock Samsung keyboard  version 3.0.23.63 (says it's up to date). And there is not an option to search for gifs, only able to scroll thru categories . 

Many of the above suggestions about the smiley face aren't using the stock samsung keyboard. 

If anyone has found a solution I'd love to hear it. I have used gboard in the past, I like it.  But if I can use stock apps then that's memory I save. 

0 Likes
Allyguh
First Poster
Options

Fooouuunnnd iiitt!😂 

Lol.. solution is overdue, but I read this thread hoping to find something-found nothing here, and starting pressing buttons..then.. shazzam!

Screenshot_20190328-100418_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20190328-100454_Messages.jpg

First, pull up a message thread..Press this magic button.Press this magic button.

0 Likes
Thair_ree_oh
Student
Options
Care to share your find ?
0 Likes
Allyguh
First Poster
Options
You see my post?
0 Likes
Thair_ree_oh
Student
Options
I do now! Thanks ! I'll give a try in a bit. Work duties 🤷🏾‍♂️
0 Likes
GALAXY_S8plus
First Poster
Options

Nope. It's not fixed. It doesn't even return anything when I search in my messaging app. What's happening? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.

0 Likes