Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't search for GIFs

(Topic created on: 27-12-2018 05:41 PM)
Nm21
Explorer
Options

Hi. When using the messaging app and the default Samsung keyboard I can't seem to search through GIFs, only select ones in the categories. Why is this? It's really annoying. Screenshot attached.....Screenshot_20180505-101044_Messages.jpg

78 REPLIES 78
Nm21
Explorer
Options

Thanks but it's not Facebook that everyone is talking about. That works just fine. It's the stock Samsung SMS messages app that doesn't have a GIF search function.

0 Likes
Crisjay
First Poster
Options

Press the + for an attachment, you should then have a search option.

0 Likes
Luvable0284
First Poster
Options

I was replying to this.I was replying to this.

There is an option to merge messages into the messneger app, you could do that and use the method I posted previously, although that is a bit rediculous just to be able to use gifs. It really shouldnt be this difficult.

0 Likes
TerriLynn62
First Poster
Options

Instead of hitting the GIF button, hit the emoji button to the right of the text box.  Then the search magnifying glass will show up.  See screen shots below.

Gif #1.JPGGif #2.JPG

0 Likes
Nm21
Explorer
Options
Thanks but if you scroll back through earlier replies you'll see I/we have done this and the floating search bar isn't there. No one seems to know why.
0 Likes
tonza
Student
Options

Hey mate try this. Stumbled upon it by accident. I've got the s9+ as well.

When you're typing a message, press the little keyboard button down the bottom right hand corner, as shown in the screenshot. (1)

Select the Samsung keyboard neural beta (2)

Keyboard should look a little different now (3)

Can finally search gifs!!!! (4)

20190107_153928.jpg

20190107_154128.jpg

20190107_154143.jpg

20190107_154156.jpg

0 Likes
tonza
Student
Options

Hope this has helped someone out 👍

0 Likes
Lisa331
First Poster
Options

20190110_102814.jpg

I came here to figure out why I couldn't search gifs either but I figured it out with the help here. I press the square smiley then this comes up- stickers AND gifs. And I can click on the search that appears, not in the message bar. Hope this helps.

Idontknow
First Poster
Options

Nope, doesn't work

0 Likes
mercenary
Journeyman
Options

That is a different keyboard. The "samsung keyboard neural beta" is not installed by default and is not in the Play store, however you can download the APK from various places. It has beta (new/test) features that get vetted before getting put in the real app, "samsung keyboard". This may be good news, because it appears samsung is working on an update that will fix this.