Support

Open search

Can't search for GIFs

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks but that doesn't work. Clicking that square smiley with the play button you've highlighted in red only brings up a stickers page and no gifs.  Picture attached is what i see....the only way to display GIFs is to click the square GIF button with a play symbol on it but there's no search bar. Looks like we have different versions of the stock apps? Anyway, I personally don't care too much now as I've moved to using Google Messages which does work but it's still annoying that the stock app from Samsung doesnt work.

20181123_112815.jpg

Observer

@Nm21 wrote:

Thanks but that doesn't work. Clicking that square smiley with the play button you've highlighted in red only brings up a stickers page and no gifs.  Picture attached is what i see....the only way to display GIFs is to click the square GIF button with a play symbol on it but there's no search bar. Looks like we have different versions of the stock apps? Anyway, I personally don't care too much now as I've moved to using Google Messages which does work but it's still annoying that the stock app from Samsung doesnt work.

20181123_112815.jpg

Oh I see. Well that's unfortunate. Which phone are you using? I even have different sticker options than those. Unfortunately less interesting ones.

Explorer

Galaxy S9+ 

First Poster

That would be the issue Rod. There is nothing to click on the message bar, making the downloading of an app necessary. If it was there, I would have tried that already.Screenshot_20181123-173756_Messages.jpgNothing to click

Apprentice

Yup. There isn't anything in the message bar or on the gifs as shown in a previous posters picture (heh). I don't have any options in the message bar. Except to type a message ...20181123_174849.jpg

20181123_175035.jpg

I found it- to the left of the text box is a blue plus button next to the photo icon. It brings up emojis and stickers and gifs. The first box says GIF search. Using Samsung keyboard and android messaging app.

Explorer

Maybe on yours but not on mine. Pressing that + button gives the option to add a picture, a photo from camera, a free draw image or a location....plus extra things you can add such as a document etc. Still no elusive GIF or the ability to search through them.

First Poster

Screenshot_20181203-192653_Messages.jpg

I have the same problem with no search bar for gifs. Anyone solved this problem? @samsungsupport 

First Poster

Ive also got the same issue with my S9+, how long does Samsung take to respond?

Surely this is a quick fix?

Apprentice

I've worked around it by not using the Samsung built-in SMS app. I use 'Handcent Next SMS' for Text messaging. If you dont want to do that, you can also work around it by changing the keyboard from the Samsung Keyboard to the Google Keyboard (Gboard), just download the Google Keyboard in the play store, then go to SETTINGS > GENERAL MANAGEMENT > LANGUAGE AND INPUT > DEFAULT KEYBOARD, and change the default to GBOARD. You can customize the GBoard color, look, size, etc if you dont care for the default.

Top Liked Authors