Support

Open search

Can't search for GIFs

Update Facebook youre welcome =)

Explorer

What's Facebook got to do with the SMS app?

DannyT Moderator
@Nm21 - When you enter a message in the text bar. For example 'Crazy' does an option come up in the GIF window for 'crazy' GIFs?

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

That doesn't do anything for me.Screenshot_20180920-200557_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20180920-200607_Messages.jpg

First Poster

No. I think the issue was the messaging app itself. It didn't seem to update. I solved the problem by downloading Android messages  from the Google play and switching to Gboard.

Now I can search gifs and get my messages in a timely manner.

Not sure what was up with the preinstalled app, but everything is fine now.

Highlighted

Finally figured this out. 20181028_222638.jpg

Apprentice

I have a new Note 8, use Texta with the stockboard but have been trying the Tenor Gif keyboard and cannot search either. I don't even have the mysteriously hidden search that you found and circled above . I thought I was stupid and just couldn't figure it out.

First Poster

It definitely doesn't have a search bar

@Stanger50 wrote:

Screenshot_20180708-144231_Messages.jpg

I was using a message app. But the original message app the fone came with has a search option as yu can see. Androd version 8.0 and Samsung experience version 9.0

First Poster

Huge drop of the ball by Samsung, we shouldn't have to download an extra app to use gifs

Observer

@Rod03 wrote:

Huge drop of the ball by Samsung, we shouldn't have to download an extra app to use gifs

You actually shouldn't need to, but it's definitely not obvious on how to search gifs. Hopefully these instructions will help you and anyone else with this problem.20181123_024358.jpgStep 1: Tap smiley face with play button IN the message box, NOT the smiley face for sticker or the GIF with play button.

20181123_024906.jpgStep 2: Tap search bar in between and below the stickers and GIFs options.

Screenshot_20181123-024317_Messages.jpgStep 3: Search GIFs and enjoy your keyboard to the full without needing to download extra apps.

Top Liked Authors