Support

Open search

Can't install aps from other source

Hi

Have Samsung S9 plus with android 8.0.0.

Can't install aps from other sources.

It was ok before soft upgrade.

Can you please help

Thanks in advance 

Seb

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CarolinaW Moderator

Hey @Sebo_! Where are you trying to install these apps from? 

Superuser I
Superuser I

If your trying to install via an apk file then out if the box the phones settings are set to stop this. 

You can however disable this to allow apk file downloads. 

However be aware that these have not been vetted for malware or bad code. They are not in the sanctity of the Google Play Store. 

To find out how to install apk files > 

Settings-Security-Install Unknown Apps-

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Observer

This no longer works. Does anyone know if Samsung have changed their stance and are now preventing users from changing these settings?

My friend got a Hauwei at the same time as I got a Sasmsung and the settings are editable on his phone but the options are permaenently greyed out on mine!!! 

CarlH Moderator

Hi @Wheelz85. I've just checked on a Note9 and the option that @BandOfBrothers mentioned is still present. Settings > Biometrics and Security > Install unknown apps. 

Observer
Hi CarlH,

I can follow that pathway without any problems and find the option. I can also go through Settings > Apps > Special Access to get there. The problem is that with my Samsung S9 Plus, every app within that screen has the option to enable greyed out and does not allow the switch to be toggled. Another forum said the option to enable these toggle switches is within the Developer settings , but i can't find that option either.

Have Samsung just completely removed the option from their handsets?
Top Liked Authors