Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apk

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 03:35 AM)
Hohepa
Apprentice
Options

My friend is developing an application for me and he has sent through an updated APK for me to download to see how it's going. Despite adjusting all the permissions to allow the appropriate apps to install apk's from unknown sources it still will not install the apk.

When I attempt to isntall i'm greeted with a screen that says

"do you want to install this application? It doesn not require any special access."

After I hit install is gives me a warning screen that says app not installed with a triangle/ exclamation mark in the middle.

I have changed the appropriate permissions, but based on the fact that it 'doesn't require special access' i'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing??

Any help would be great, very frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually allowing from unknown sources works @Hohepa 

Also going I to your myfiles and going into the apk files section there can work too.

If its not working then I'm wondering if that Apk is compatible with your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Hohepa
Apprentice
Options

I found the solution on another post in the end, I had to delete the google play cache, and now it works.

Cheers though!

0 Likes
Hohepa
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
BS12
First Poster
Options

Hi

Hope you recitfy the problem. The same problemitic condition at  present i am. can you guide me to rectify the issue..

0 Likes
Shenrik
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I tried what is above listed - but still installation fails.

I have Samsung Galaxy GT-19515 / Android 5.0.1.

This is VERY annoying: I develop an app, and struggle with teh very basic step "check release version apk on phone without Google Play".

0 Likes