Support

Open search

Call recorder

Explorer

Thank you so much Ryan23. I have a Samsung Galaxy a10 sm-a105f_ds with Android 9.0 with recording problems, and I have been followed your efforts from post 1. Finally I have found solution to my problem and wanted to say thanks to you. So I have especially registered to this Samsung site to Thank you for your efforts, ardworking and time. I try to like your post but failed. Anyways! Thanks a lot!!! You have been a great help and a valuable resource. Thaks again!!!! B.R.! Victor

Voyager
Thank you Victor for your kind words, I did start this thread a long time ago and with the help of others we have all been useful to each other, I’m glad your able to use your phone the way you want to 👍🏻
Explorer

Thank you so much Ryan23. I have a Samsung Galaxy a10 sm-a105f-ds with Android 9.0 with recording problems, and I have been followed your efforts from post 1. Finally I have found solution to my problem and wanted to say thanks to you. So I have especially registered to this Samsung site to Thank you for your efforts, ardworking and time. I try to like your post but failed. Anyways! Thanks a lot!!! You have been a great help and a valuable resource. Thaks again!!!! B.R.! Victor

Explorer

I see I'm not the only one that has failure to either like or post on this forum. I was told months ago that this would be fixed or bumped up to the developers and this has not been done. This one of the rare occasions that I could post to let you know being able to like or not post is not uncommon on this forum site. I have two Samsung products left, one 50" TV and my S10e which I'm struggling to keep until I get my appliances updates. They are certainly not going to be Samsung. I've read to many reviews of their lack of service and their so called stainless steel rusting out and I'm to old and cranky to put up with it. Once I get rid of the TV and the phone, I'll be Samsung free after 12 years of their products usage. Oh excuse me, I do have a 2019 TAB A which will be going as well. There was no improvement from my 2017 TAB A and its frustrating as Satan's Palace to see again, the lagging   or viewing web sites as they were intended to be. I am however happ y to see that you got the help you needed.

Explorer

My Dear Friend,

Many thanks for your comment.

I understand that like me you are not 100% satisfied with Samsung products.

I am not an expert in this area, but it does not mean I don't want to help you.

I will do my best to help you out but if you have the technical related issue then our combine friend Ryan23 may be able to help you out better than I do.

1. To like comment the mistake I had made before was to click on 1/2/or so on the number and like. It did not work.

What was a mistake was that I really should have understood to click on a tumble up icon in spite of like + numbers. OK???

2. Answering your 2nd question I would like to tell you little about myself.

Like you reading is not my strongest aspect of life. Actually, I have never read Microsoft license acknowledgment or other software or hardware details.

To be honest with you I managed to destroy my 10,000.00 NOK spent purchased Sony Bravia 55 Inches Smart TV only because I was too lazy to read user manual, ergo I sprayed Jif (detergent) on the main screen and it caused lines on the screen when TV was on and repairing would cost me more than TV's cost.

You read right NOK means Norwegian Krona. I am located in Norway where services cost more than new items /electronics.

Do you see it??? You are not alone brother. :-) 

I got my first PC with Windows 98 installed in 1999, so I learned Windows and so on pretty late. And I acknowledge that I can't boot MS-DOS or Linux at all. The little I learned about Windows was through learning by mistakes.

I am in the middle stage of my life at the age of 42 knowing very well that there are more talented people in the world who are younger and know more than I do.

Ryan23 is a good example, who should be 24, 25 or tops 26 by the end of this year.

That young man has done a real man's job by making a partition, sharing his experience and knowledge with others and helping people on their way.

He spent time reading a lot of boring stuff like Google's instructions and legal peace of *****.

Now we must admit that this young man is much more knowledgeable and talented than you and I do. I understand that you can't stand against fast technology changes in this fast technological time.

In my 42 years of experience and learning the art of delegation is the best skill we can adopt ourselves and learn through, but know this fast we can never be as good as this young man here, but we can come a long way.

In Norway, there is a site called Finn where you can hire talent on negotiable charges.

Where are you from??? I am sure that you can find a similar solution at some site offer by your country.

In the end. I would like to enlight /surprise you by telling that I have had an Apple iPhone 4S which I have had in 10 years, and the latest it can support is 3G (not 4G or later on), so I had to buy a cheap mobile phone til 2020 such that Huawei can produce a 5G net-based mobile which I am willing to spend up to 20,000.00NOK. This Samsung Galaxy A10 SM-A105F costed only 1300.00NOK but still, it was an issue not being able to record incoming calls through apps.

Luckily This Talented Youngman Ryan23 had done that job which helped me out.

All I can advice you is if you can find help for free, well and good!

If not try to hire help, and work through your delegation skill.

I leave here with you thanking you for taking the time to read my article and sharing your question.

If there are any more questions and I am able to help I will be glad to help you out, but there are many more talented persons here.

You know the example now ;-)

Have a great evening and once again thanks for sharing your experience, and Good luck out there in the modern technological world.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Victor Lee

PS!!! If you like Ryan23 or others help then please like their info as it cost them a lot of time and hard work in delivering help to us even for free.

Thanks again!

Voyager
Dear Viktor

Thank you for your kind words, I can only dream of being 26 this year I’m actually 36, however I’m very passionate about helping others and don’t like to give up easily. I’m glad I’ve been able to help others whom have all had the same problem, with the help of others it’s what good humans do, it’s in our nature or certainly the good ones.
I have the Samsung Galaxy Fold and I’ve been able to install software that enables the call recording feature. I know a lot of people originally blamed Samsung but it was actually Google and there policy which stopped manufacturers such as Samsung from allowing call recording across all there devices in certain parts of the world. The biggest issue I have still to this day is the poor quality of Samsung customer support, there lack of communication is shocking and I mean in a bad way, they have a lot to do to meet the standards of Apple for example, anyway we all have our stories I’m sure, thank you once again it’s nice that people show there appreciation.
Explorer

You are welcome my friend.

It's always good to meet good people.

Thanks

Observer

@Taradem wrote:

Actually it looks like they messed up something in s9 . Now after receiving the update note 8 and s8 users report that call recording is working absolutely fine . Only s9 intenational versions have problem ...

No this is not correct!!!

Mine is a note 8 and it was working fine and then one day a few months ago it just stopped recording both sides only records my voice.  It all seems to have come from an update that happened without my knowledge.  My understanding is that this is a modification from Google not samsung?  Samsung say it is done by google and google say it is the recording app company but whichever way you look at it, it is the same for ALL phones once you get the updates.  I have been looking at ways to modify the phone and there seems to be a way to do it but i have lost that thread now.  It starts with installing something and setting the phone in developer mode.  I got that far then got side tracked by apps claiming their app will work (none do!)

Observer

@Ryan23 wrote:

Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears, UK customer service are now aware if the problem but don't have a clue how to fix it and quite frankly don't know how to report it. I asked for my complaint to be passed to the Android app department which apparently was done but who knows.

Their is a way out sell your UK device like I've just done go on eBay look for ProGaget UK he imports from China yes they are not protected by Samsung warranty but what I can tell you my last S8 plus I had was brilliant God only knows why I went into a contract for the S9 plus but as others was unaware of this issue. His versions run on Snapdragon and work apparently (will come back and confirm when checked). I hope that helps.

two points:

1) obviously you are interested in your phone (S9) but i assure you it happens on all of their phones.  Mine is a note 8 and it was working fine until in my sleep they upgraded it!!  Then same problem only one side of call records.  Samsung say the update came from google not samsung.  Aparantly there is a way to strip your phone back software wise but i am still looking into it.

2) How about some fun?  when they answer and say 'please be aware out calls are recorded for training purposes' ..... Reply "Oh!  Thats a good idea!  Can you tell me how to do that please ............ " get them going round in circles and trying to show you.  See how long before they throw the towel in and admit they know it does not work any more.  As i said mine was working fine for best part of a year then about three or four months ago they disabled it with an upgrade.  Samsung said it was google!

Observer

OK guys, so how about rooting the phone?

i am not into mobiles enough to really know what rooting does exactly but other forums seem to suggest this is the way to fix it.  Does anyone have any views on this?

I mean, if it definitely fixes the problem then why not do it?  My note 8 is more than a year old now i think so i am out of warrantee now anyway but is there any other kind of danger in rooting the phone?

Top Liked Authors