Support

Open search

Call recorder

Apprentice

I have s8+ and since the Pie update I can record calls with the built-in phone app only.

Firmware: 

G955FXXU4DSBA
Date: 2019-02-27
Version: 9
cSC: G955FOXM4DSBA

Service provider: ILO

It works fine but I prefer ACR with Gdrive integration. First ACR should try to fix the one way sound (doesn't record the caller). ACR with caller id logging can be downloaded from Samsung or Amazon store.

Apprentice

@Rrrr wrote:

I have s8+ and since the Pie update I can record calls with the built-in phone app only.

Firmware: 

G955FXXU4DSBA
Date: 2019-02-27
Version: 9
cSC: G955FOXM4DSBA

Service provider: ILO

It works fine but I prefer ACR with Gdrive integration. First ACR should try to fix the one way sound (doesn't record the caller). ACR with caller id logging can be downloaded from Samsung or Amazon store.

It's nothing ACR can do to make recording work since the restriction is in the Android OS. 

Apprentice

Extra information:

I can dial out with a third party app, but for recording to work, the built-in phone app needs to be set as default Calling app.

This means that incoming calls will be recorded on the built-in phone app, but there is no way to avoid the awkward swipe Samsung requires to answer a call.

I

Voyager

Rrrr

Thank you for sharing you seem to be one of the lucky ones, can I ask what Country your from or where you got the phone. 

Thanks Ryan.

Apprentice

Remember it's an s8+ 955f dual SIM (exynos).

Phone info app tells me it's type dream2lte/dream2ltexx, I bought it as international model in the USA.

Upon inserting the SIM, the device selects the appropriate firmware belonging to the SIM. In this case I first inserted an Israeli SIM. Hence the service provider was set to ILO.

First Poster
Following this.

Sorry but this version is Not working on My S8 :-(

It claims you need to use your speaker to record but I tried and seems same issue.
Any tips and tricks for me?

BR, D

First Poster

@Ryan23 wrote:

The only thing anyone can do that want to use this feature is not buy a Samsung device and get rid of there old ones as Samsung is set to role out updates to all models and block previous models.

I've got an S8 and just got the message to update to Pie - not going to because I use ACR and it works now.

I read it's a google play policy stopping recording and there's a possibility of downloading ACR from 3rd party source (ACR direct?) which might get around the regs and be able to record...

Explorer

Hey Crock. 

Downloading ACR from another source won't help to bring back the recording functionality. As far as I know you can download ACR from the Samsung store - this modified app allows phonebook access (which Google play also prohibited for call recording apps). 

@Ryan: you mentioned that you may have a lead on a workaround. How did that turn out? 

Voyager

Hi guys 

Thank you for the continued support, unfortunately in every group I’m in there is no way round it other than to jail break or root, the phone. It’s quite complicated and on one occasion I tried it did not work.

Will keep people posted if anything comes up, but at the moment it’s Google and all phones.

Top Liked Authors