Support

Open search

Call recorder

Observer

I can't usu any call record application for my S9plus. 

its important to me to review my previous conversation if miss some important information .All developers say that samsung blocked this! 

I need this service or I will leave samsung for good. 

Navigator

Hi I think in UK is a legally to recording calls ACT -> RIPA 2000 (Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000).  

So samsung fu....k all users should sale snapdragon in the United Kingdom not exynos 

Voyager

Yes their is NO LAW that prevents users in the United Kingdom using a call recording device thus Samsung have no reason to stop this feature working for it's many users.

I know it's really frustrating but we need to keep it polite the more people that can be made aware of this issue the better so no one goes ahead and buys either the S9 or S9 plus.

I've spoken with users of the Samsung phone from many different Countries that have purchased these phones and contacted Samsung support about this issue with no response other than were look into it.

My advice at this present moment in time do not get yourself tied into a contract with the new phones or purchase one. 

Samsung are due to release a new update and as far as I'm aware if you update an older device you will also loose the feature to record phone conversations. So DON'T update your phones.

Apprentice

Actually it looks like they messed up something in s9 . Now after receiving the update note 8 and s8 users report that call recording is working absolutely fine . Only s9 intenational versions have problem ...

Navigator

Because they  lock processor exynos who is install at s9 and s9+

Just Browsing
Yes, I agree with Nidhal. One of the reason I'm staying with Android and Samsung is because of the call recording feature supercede what IOS can't do. If this core value are being removed, then there is no point to endeavour into Samsung again.

User should have the self discretion in the recording usage and not being determined by the provider.
Navigator

To record calls on the UK version either Carphone Warehouse or Generic S9 or S9+ we are requested to complain to Samsung directly. If they have enough complaints about this issue then they will push a firmware update that's UK specific and removes the artificial block on the Android call recording API.

That said, Samsung has already caused this issue by being lazy and blanket covered us with firmware designed to bow to proposed EU legislation making it illegal to record calls without the other party's consent, by artificially blocking the Android API which facilitates the recording of Voice Uplink, Voice Downlink, Voice Communication and Voice Call. This was unnecessary for the UK as we have RIPA legislation that allows us to record calls legally.

The USA and China versions do not suffer with this artificial blocking either.

I've had a call from Samsung in response to my formal complaint about this detailing that, without further complaints, they are likely to do nothing to address this issue.

I was pretty much dumbfounded when I was told I can return the phone within 30 days for a full refund. That would have been ok if I had not been recording calls for 40 days with it before I had to refer to an important call and realised I couldn't hear the other party! Then I was told there was nothing I could do in this case, which added further frustration and annoyance. His unwillingness to offer any other avenue of action was astounding.

He told me I could exercise my right under trading law and get a refund but didn't once think that I might want to resolve this issue and be a loyal Samsung customer rather than ditch them and let them brush the issue under the carpet for everyone else to continue to suffer that still owns an S9 or S9+.

Apparently I'm the first person to actually make a complain against Samsung and their lazy approach covering us in the EU blanket, not doing their job properly and not providing a UK specific firmware which doesn't block any Android call recording APIs.

The agent who called me back became increasingly rude and talked over me stating that Samsung would do nothing and would not give me any reference apart from a first name for contact, which is useless in a call centre of thousands. He also hung up on me when I told him that I would be sharing my findings with the wider community. This came from a male English call centre Samsung representative called Chris. I refer to him as a jobsworth. These customer service agents are utterly pointless. We would be better off without them and it would serve Samsung better to actually put us through to the people that can do something, like the techs or the line managers, but apparently the are not customer facing. What a surprise.

So let's get together and all raise formal complaints from their web site. Stir this up for some action. We will get call recording back in a matter of weeks!

Navigator

To record calls on the UK version either Carphone Warehouse or Generic S9 or S9+ we are requested to complain to Samsung directly. If they have enough complaints about this issue then they will push a firmware update that's UK specific and removes the artificial block on the Android call recording API.

That said, Samsung has already caused this issue by being lazy and blanket covered us with firmware designed to bow to proposed EU legislation making it illegal to record calls without the other party's consent, by artificially blocking the Android API which facilitates the recording of Voice Uplink, Voice Downlink, Voice Communication and Voice Call. This was unnecessary for the UK as we have RIPA legislation that allows us to record calls legally.

The USA and China versions do not suffer with this artificial blocking either.

I've had a call from Samsung in response to my formal complaint about this detailing that, without further complaints, they are likely to do nothing to address this issue.

I was pretty much dumbfounded when I was told I can return the phone within 30 days for a full refund. That would have been ok if I had not been recording calls for 40 days with it before I had to refer to an important call and realised I couldn't hear the other party! Then I was told there was nothing I could do in this case, which added further frustration and annoyance. His unwillingness to offer any other avenue of action was astounding.

He told me I could exercise my right under trading law and get a refund but didn't once think that I might want to resolve this issue and be a loyal Samsung customer rather than ditch them and let them brush the issue under the carpet for everyone else to continue to suffer that still owns an S9 or S9+.

Apparently I'm the first person to actually make a complain against Samsung and their lazy approach covering us in the EU blanket, not doing their job properly and not providing a UK specific firmware which doesn't block any Android call recording APIs.

The agent who called me back became increasingly rude and talked over me stating that Samsung would do nothing and would not give me any reference apart from a first name for contact, which is useless in a call centre of thousands. He also hung up on me when I told him that I would be sharing my findings with the wider community. This came from a male English call centre Samsung representative called Chris. I refer to him as a jobsworth. These customer service agents are utterly pointless. We would be better off without them and it would serve Samsung better to actually put us through to the people that can do something, like the techs or the line managers, but apparently the are not customer facing. What a surprise.

So let's get together and all raise formal complaints from their web site. Stir this up for some action. We will get call recording back in a matter of weeks!

Voyager

Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears, UK customer service are now aware if the problem but don't have a clue how to fix it and quite frankly don't know how to report it. I asked for my complaint to be passed to the Android app department which apparently was done but who knows.

Their is a way out sell your UK device like I've just done go on eBay look for ProGaget UK he imports from China yes they are not protected by Samsung warranty but what I can tell you my last S8 plus I had was brilliant God only knows why I went into a contract for the S9 plus but as others was unaware of this issue. His versions run on Snapdragon and work apparently (will come back and confirm when checked). I hope that helps.

First Poster

How can we do it ? Is there any address that u can share with us ? 

Top Liked Authors