Support

Open search

Call recorder

Navigator

Actually, BoldBeast records all my calls. I don't make any calls over WiFi as my network is supposed to be good enough not to need it. 4G calls, whenever they happen, get recorded regardless, at least that's my assumption as whenever HD calling is present on the top of the screen, there are no recording issues. WiFi calling has never been able to be recorded to my knowledge so why are you even mentioning this?

First Poster

Boldbeast records all YOUR calls, which does not necessarily mean all other people's calls. In our country (Slovakia) VoLTE and VoWifi are pretty much widely used and I highly prefer these over standard 4G calls due to much lower connection delay. I swipe someone's number and within 1-2 seconds it's ringing. Hence I'm never returning back to oldschool 4g calling without VoLTE or VoWifi. "WiFi calling has never been able to be recorded" - another false generalization. It's a matter of time when Wifi calling will be recordable. Using native recorder it's possible. So it's possible and your statement is false.

Navigator

I've never had an issue with any 2G, 3G or 4G delay you speak of. That's not normal for any mobile network so you should ask your network to look into that. As soon as you call a number it should start ringing within a second or so, no matter what network technology you are using.

As for you saying my statement is false, no, not at all as all recorders originally designed to record only 2/3/4G voice downlink and uplink sound aren't capable of recording WiFi calls as they simply were never designed to access the correct audio device channels to do so. There may have been some improvements in these types of software in recent times and some standard 2/3/4G call recording software may now support other kinds of recording (including but not limited to WiFi) but as far as standard mobile call recorders are concerned, WiFi calling was never an option from initial release and is still not an option on most 2/3/4G call recording software.

WiFi calling is also relatively new as far as mobile network providers are concerned and only within the last couple of years or so has this been implemented natively on Android devices and fully supported on mobile networks.

In the UK we have zero issues with call delays. Most calls are routed over regular mobile networks but part of the time are calls connected via the HD variant on 4G capable masts. Neither of these have issues being recorded.

If your mobile signal is so bad that you have to keep using a third party Internet connection to be able to make calls over WiFi calling, then your mobile network is doing something very very wrong. I would ditch them and go with another provider that can actually provide a decent service, rather than keep paying the current mobile provider for a non-existent service or a service that won't connect a regular mobile call in a reasonable and timely manner.

Voyager

Hi guys thanks for coming back to my original post for help or to help others.

I won't go into detail as I'm sure all available call recording apps have now all updated to work across all android phones, certainly not in recent months have I seen any issue raised.

Most of the applications have or are default +1 or so seconds which can be changed in the settings of most apps by setting the start to record to 0.

Touching on 2G, 3G, 4G and WIFI calling are now all within most applications particularly ACR which is what I'm using all record both ways.

As for applications you can use for calling as an example WhatsApp or Skype this is simply impossible there are no applications which will do this.

Now it may be different when taking new Samsung devices due to call recording or phone tapping in some Countries are illegal and Samsung are still blocking this from working in those areas. If you live in an affected area or are not sure do your homework before you buy a Samsung, Google pixel 3 has also started implementing this.

I hope this helps.

Explorer
Hi Ryan and team
Thanks a lot for your past support and creative to find good app for recording.

I'm sharing with u guys that the recorder no more working in my s9+ after I install the new software update android Pie.
Now my app boldbeast it's not recording and I complain to them they ask to root my phone which I don't want .
So who ever have solutions for this issue pls help us.
Regards
Voyager

Hi MHCB

Thanks for your message which may very well cause others problems. I’m not familiar with Boldbeast I’m afraid I have always recommend ACR.

Do you mind me asking which Country your in ?

Explorer
Thanks Ryan

From United Arab Emirates

And for sure other people's from different countries are interested for same solutions
Explorer

@MHCB2009 wrote:
Thanks Ryan

And for sure other people's from different countries are interested for same solutions

@MHCB2009

Im about to update to Android 9.

But the limited call recording options are holding me back. 

Did you try ACR through a Bluetooth headset? I'm wondering if that workaround is also blocked...

@MHCB2009 wrote:
Thanks Ryan

@MHCB2009 wrote:
Thanks Ryan

Explorer
Hi Ryan
It's block
Nothing working now at all.
Better not to update to 9 pie
Voyager

Hi MHCB

im sorry this is still a problem for you, I’m in the UK and running Exynos which all works using ACR. 

I know your using boldbeast ive attached a couple of links and hopefully they may help your situation.

https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder_troubleshooting.html

https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/forum1-boldbeast-call-recorder.html

I would try these and as mentioned you may get more support then I am able to offer.

If this does not help you can try ACR they do a free version (not sure in your Country) but you would have to delete boldbeast so I would recommend a backup of your existing recordings.

good luck 

Ryan 

Top Liked Authors