Support

Open search

Call recorder

Highlighted
Voyager
Hi and Happy New Year to you too.

Yes I sore your post just now, I’m sorry I can’t really give advise on rooting your device as I don’t recommend it.
If you want to root it then my suggestion would be to do google searches and find a website that offer advice in doing so.
Have you tried to change your software using a Thai sim? This has worked for many people which, if works will give you Samsung’s own in house call recorder.
Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for your answer Ryan23.

It's good to hear from you too.

Ryan where or how I can acquire a Thai sim??? And must I use that Thai sim permanently???

Ryan??? I need to ask you something and I need to be honest with me, please???

If you do not recommend rooting a Samsung A10 phone I already have??? Do you suggest that I purchase an iPhone Max Pro 512GB???

Will it be a safer solution to the problem???

Even I don't have 20,000.00 NOK right now I can purchase it on monthly payment options???

Please advice!

Thanks

Best regards,

Victor Lee

Highlighted
First Poster

@Ryan23

HNY to you to.

Tad rude earlier I realise but just another day to me,don't understand all the kerfuffle.

On Samsung chat session today one rep said they were going to escalate my point/concerns etc

Other said we should ALL  use the Samsung Members app and report it as feedback question.

So can you put this on 1st page and if we all do it then maybe just maybe they'll realise their mistake and unhide it for us all......

Highlighted
First Poster
@Themevictory

Tried changing csc with (putty),I think it was...
Different method,no sim needed.
Highlighted
Explorer

@MystaMagoo 

Sorry for my limited knowledge but what is "CSC With Putty"???

Please explain?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Poster

@Themevictory

Actually realterm not putty.

Go look over at xda forum,may get more defined help for your phone version.

They say this method is stopped now for S10?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/how-to/change-csc-code-firmware-sim-card-t3907375

Look here....Note9 but same thing,just get your specific files....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/guide-change-note-9-csc-easy-guide-t3879473

I did it this way for my note8 but a few bootloaders back,not sure if there's a v8 combo file yet.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Themevictory:

It sounds as though a good number of people have managed to overcome the call recording problem by following the steps to boot using a Thai SIM before switching back to your normal SIM - posted by Ryan23 previously on this thread.

If you do that, just make sure you have good/complete backups prior to starting.

Should you be be considering getting a non-samsung phone I would certainly advise against buying anything connected with Google (who own Android) since it is they who are behind this change in your ability to continue to use your phone in the perfectly reasonable activity of recording your phone calls.

I myself have now purchased an Huawei phone and after loading an apk now have call recording back.

I used to be an avid Samsung supporter but will now NEVER buy another Samsung product as long as I live!

I am also in the process of reducing my dependence on Google products and services since they are the primary drivers of this change (supported by Samsung and presumably various other companies too).

The change is yet another example in this crazy world of minority views being used to punish the majority of people.

Highlighted
First Poster

@PHB27 wrote:

Themevictory:

It sounds as though a good number of people have managed to overcome the call recording problem by following the steps to boot using a Thai SIM before switching back to your normal SIM - posted by Ryan23 previously on this thread.

If you do that, just make sure you have good/complete backups prior to starting.

Should you be be considering getting a non-samsung phone I would certainly advise against buying anything connected with Google (who own Android) since it is they who are behind this change in your ability to continue to use your phone in the perfectly reasonable activity of recording your phone calls.

I myself have now purchased an Huawei phone and after loading an apk now have call recording back.

I used to be an avid Samsung supporter but will now NEVER buy another Samsung product as long as I live!

I am also in the process of reducing my dependence on Google products and services since they are the primary drivers of this change (supported by Samsung and presumably various other companies too).

The change is yet another example in this crazy world of minority views being used to punish the majority of people.

Stop blaming google fcol,proven by the fact we can get CR on Thai/India csc.

Google only removed 3rd party access.

Samsung decide on their own whether to show or hide CR.

Highlighted
Apprentice

So you are saying that it is still possible to record phone calls on Google devices then?????

Highlighted
Apprentice
Also, it is a fact that millions were able to record calls quite happily until GOOGLE made a change to Android which rendered all of the existing call-recording applications pretty near useless.
Did they consult with their user base before making that change? NO.
I realise that they are not legally obliged to consult but to me, to negatively impact thousands, if not millions of their users on a whim makes them a company I would like to reduce my exposure to.
Had they NOT made the change then there wouldn't be a problem would there??
Top Liked Authors